[0.8-2091-g5b6b804] Mounted Vehicle Electric Forge can be used to mount more

What it says on the tin.

If you install an Electric Forge in a vehicle you can use the same electric forge to instal an infinite amount of electric forges.

I think this is a repeat of a bug where you can do the same with a kitchen unit, need to poke at that…
Thanks for reporting.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:2, topic:3691”]I think this is a repeat of a bug where you can do the same with a kitchen unit, need to poke at that…
Thanks for reporting.[/quote]

To my knowledge that doesn’t work with kitchen units because the install recipe for a vehicle forge calls for an electric forge but once installed it becomes a “vehicle forge” when you’re nearby, it may be worthwhile to make a vehicle version (Mayhaps just make it a craftable? Frame + Forge?) so it’s something diffrent.

I’s a bug in how vehicle parts like kitchens, forges, etc. function. They create a virtual item on their square that can be used when you’re near it. The only way I know of to fix it would be to create an entirely new virtual item type for them to create, and add that to EVERY single craft recipe in the game that uses the items in question, which will be a huge pain and will add a lot of clutter to an already overtaxed crafting system. I suppose we’re going to have to do it eventually, it’s just that as bugs go, it’s not massively problematic and just hasn’t been a big priority.

As more and more recipes move over to the “CUT”:1 style functionality, this solution will become much more viable.

For this specific issue though, we might be able to make the crafting code distingish between items “in hand” that can be used for any purpose and items that can only be used as tools. We already have to special-case it somehow to make it work.

Speaking of special casing, we could possibly add a “tool provided” field to terrain (do we have any terrain or furniture items that provide tools? we probably will eventually if not) and vehicle components to make the handling for this a bit more generic.