Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)

It just showed as a plain blank post. ;w;

EDIT: When I personally grabbed the link and went to it, it went to the page correctly. It seems you linked to the page itself in an image tag, not the the image.

Here, this should work. If it doesn’t show the image below this, that site is being derpy.

Does this show for you?

Shows to me. I see nothing wrong with this entire page… Except Random Dragon’s quote shows the PNG image that I removed from my post. Also there is no image below “Here, this should work. If it doesn’t show the image below this, that site is being derpy.” I have set the URL to the image between [img] tags (the URL ends in .jpg), as usual. I doubt I’ve done anything differently this time than in the dozens of times before I’ve linked an image in this forum.

That might be a convo to have elsewhere… Anyway:

This might be potentially useful in troubleshooting and learning the contents of various mods: In item description, mention which mod the item belongs to. Like this:

[quote=“BeerBeer, post:2784, topic:5570”]That might be a convo to have elsewhere… Anyway:

This might be potentially useful in troubleshooting and learning the contents of various mods: In item description, mention which mod the item belongs to. Like this:

[/quote]

There are two ways this can be done, manual (mod makers add it to item discriptions), or have a mechanism label all .json files in a mod as that mod’s files.

1. Yeah, I was thinking it should be handled by an algorithm. It would examine the game files and try to determine which mod each item belongs to, and it would then edit and save the descriptions. I suppose the algorithm would be run each time during compiling…
  2. Or just run once, and from that point on modders would be expected to include the info in item descriptions.
  3. Or upon examining an item, the game would fetch the info and add it to description, live.

I also wish the blacklist contents were viewable when starting a new game… I suppose they are visible somewhere in the game files?

There was a github discussion about appending the mod the item comes from to description. The consensus was it should be debug only info. Alas, the discussion died without a solution.

A button for vehicle control that closes all doors or curtains in a vehicle simultaneously.

On both (e)(x)amine functions, get notified whether the wall you’re looking at is made of wood or stone. Unless every single wall that isn’t explicitly named “stone wall” is wood, then the walls of (almost) every single city building should be converted to stone.

Burning down your house is surprisingly easy apparently, and most people learn the EVAC Shelter or their Mansion are actually made out of wood the hard way. I’m not talking about changing the color of walls, just changing the log message and converting city building walls to stone.

| - That is a wood wall.
| - That is a stone wall.

- That is a sturdy rock wall.

So, here’s an idea that might warrant its own thread, maybe.

Adding random changes of static NPCs spawning in various additional locations. Like regular hunters in cabins, small chances of mundane survivors in houses, things like that.

The key here being the idea of less than 100% odds of placing an NPC, so you get some unpredictability with static NPCs, but without having the insanity that dynamic NPCs tends to cause.

It would be an interesting thing to have hordes break into a house and surprise an NPC survivor, it would be a nice distraction or a horribly timed event depending on your cirumstances. Making a seperate setting to control how often they spawn would let us simulate a zero-day scenario where a bunch of people are still around being murdered by the zombie hordes, or we could go the other route with NPC’s living innawoods since the cataclysm and occasional survivors who managed to make it in town. All in all, good things imo.
However it gets done, it should scale down over time so you find fewer and fewer survivors as time goes on, or maybe they could start appearing rarely in groups to simulate people who banded together to survive.

This is a very good idea.

So I’m very interested in this npc’s appearing in houses thing…I’m looking into some kind of lua based setup and so far I’ve determined it’s possible to place and npc, but I’m still trying to figure out the triggering events. Ideally I’d like it to fire when a specific overmap tile is generated, with a percentage chance of placing an npc. class_defenitions.lua is intimidating lol…

Please please post what you come up with somewhere. I am really interested in manipulating npcs with lua for a mod.

You know once I get the tileset done. And the iso set. And the sounds. Bah!

Huehuehue.

Suggestion for the idea made here, with quotes added as well: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=11905.0

Farmably poppy plants anyone?

Only if we can get oil from pressing their seeds… Hell, we should already be able to do that…

“One arm” negative trait for taking at character creation

I think installing the fusion blaster and removing it leaves you with a trait like that…
Ah, it’s a check. You could make the trait and add its ident to the if statement here in
player.cpp. It currently restricts wielding two handed weapons, being handcuffed and keeping your head up when you fall in a pool of acid. What else would you want it to affect?

bool player::has_two_arms() const { if ((has_bionic("bio_blaster") || hp_cur[hp_arm_l] < 10 || hp_cur[hp_arm_r] < 10) || has_active_mutation("SHELL2")) { // You can't effectively use both arms to wield something when they're in your shell return false; } return true; }

Edit: I was wrong, it doesn’t look like you are able to remove the bio_blaster, unless I’m reading this wrong:

if ( b_id == "bio_blaster" ) { popup(_("Removing your Fusion Blaster Arm would leave you with a useless stump.")); return false; }

P.S. Thank you, Coolthulu, for recommending better search tools. :slight_smile:

Just a minor thing. I wish I remembered what the other colors were.
(Edited)

and/or