Latest experimental features

Found a bandit cabin just now … was met by a “friendly” bandit who greeted me with his double barrel …

Learned the combat style “Brawling” from punching a bunch of z’s dead.

Brawling’s been around for a little bit, but I gave it some specials last week. Hoping they help you out!

Doubleposting for having merged Acidia’s latest: a collection of NPC tweaks, primarily tightening up the barter system. That should put an end to cycling gear back/forth for a profit (unless you’ve barter 10 or so, and at that point, you’ve probably got better things to trade for).

At Barter 10, I have this mental image of PC staring at the trader holding a flower bud, saying, “Yeah, I bought this from you for $100. Don’t you remember?” before handing it over as the trader almost brainlessly shoves $110 in his direction.

From the Jenkins you hear a ding!

Kevin, if i liked men and wasn’t already devoted to someone, I would give you the sloppiest blowjob ever for this.

Kevin, if i liked men and wasn’t already devoted to someone, I would give you the sloppiest blowjob ever for this.[/quote]

That would be HuXTUS you’re hypothetically fellating there.

There’s a Big Tent and crafting recipes can now create useful byproducts. Careful with zeds, though, as some of 'em now wait to rez until you’re Too Close.

Not sure if anything has been done to the map generation in the latest experimentals, but just lately I seem to be getting really awesome starts! I prefer to be away from any sizeable towns (my town size is set to 3) and in the game I started today, the Evac Shelter had a tiny town with 2 houses, a fire station (which is now my base) and a clothing store nearby. To the west of this is a farm, and there is a FEMA Camp far to the NW, along with another Evac Shelter. Awesome!!!

Also, not sure how long they’ve been in, but I encountered my first Survivor Zombie yesterday! It took me a while to kill him with my Combat Knife, after leading him into a bush… :wink:

It’s called RNG being nice. Don’t dwell on it.

I’m not sure, if this is really a recent experimental feature, but I encoutered it, and it was awesome:

Survivor Camps.

Plenty of quests, pretty decent interactions with NPCs.
Unfortunately my adventurer died shortly after, but I did notice, that most of the quest goals where really far away, so I had to scroll for some time on the big map. Maybe that can be reduced a bit.

So, even if it’s an old hat, I reallylike this feature, it just feels right. Keep up the good work.

[quote=“Snaaty, post:151, topic:5582”]I’m not sure, if this is really a recent experimental feature, but I encoutered it, and it was awesome:

Survivor Camps.

Plenty of quests, pretty decent interactions with NPCs.
Unfortunately my adventurer died shortly after, but I did notice, that most of the quest goals where really far away, so I had to scroll for some time on the big map. Maybe that can be reduced a bit.

So, even if it’s an old hat, I reallylike this feature, it just feels right. Keep up the good work.[/quote]

Fairly new, actually. Acidia’s been going at it for some time now, and I’m glad you like xyr work too.

Oh god, does bloated zombies actually explode with the blood splatter and tainted meat chunks around it? Because I think it does.

Nope, just toxic gas. Didn’t even damage adjacent corpses when I tested.

Really? I shot a bloated and the surrounding area with filled with blood and tainted meat. Lemme post an image…

Might have gibbed the poor thing, but that’s not exclusive to bloated zeds.

Ka… They do indeed blow up in blood. Are you somehow behind?

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:157, topic:5582”]Ka… They do indeed blow up in blood. Are you somehow behind?
[/quote]

No, as I said, you’re gibbing it–probably has a low threshold. Try using .22 rat-shot or other small-game ammo, and it’ll just pop into gas.

KA101, being a core dev, is unlikely to be behind

Mmm. But I was shooting bloaters a few versions ago, doing the exact same damage, and they were just exploding jnto gas without blood. Wevs.

Some great stuff getting done in the experimentals.

A larger tent, for instance.

P.S. Any word on when 0.B will be out?