You know you've improved when

So I was messing around in the top level of a lab, trying to haul some wood and I kept getting interrupted by hearing a “piercing wail”. What do I do? I put on my noise canceling headgear. This made me think “Wow, I’ve really improved at this game.” and then I decided to start this little topic where people can post something like this:

You know you’ve improved when “you put on your noise canceling headgear while working around an ant hill, farming them for meat.”.

No strict rules, stories are fine, just be sure to include the little phrase with what you did.

My big one was early on, still learning how to survive a weak. As a personal thing I wasn’t doing shelter starts because I liked the hectic feel of starting in a burning house more and I worried I would get complacent doing evac starts.

So my character was a bionic monster and I was trying very hard to survive without a knife in the middle of a city. Basically any time I wanted to cut stuff up I had to use lots of power to deploy my claws, which cut into precious metabolic interchange calories. So finally I smashed some potted plants in an office building and used the withered plants and ceramic shard to make a stone knife. It’s such a little thing, but at the time I was really proud of myself.

2 Likes

Constantly pushing around furniture and lighting it to keep zombies back and burn them.

3 Likes

You know you’ve improved when you have full survival gear but don’t use it because you’re smart enough not to need it.

3 Likes

You know you’ve improved when you can go from having a stick and a rock and no clothes to running your own combat patrols in less than a year.

2 Likes

You know when you’ve improved because going outside during the day is no longer a death sentence.

3 Likes

You know you’ve improved when you’re no longer trying to vomit with an empty stomach.

2 Likes

You know you’ve improved when you make starting builds that cater to your playstyle rather than what other people have told you is optimal.

1 Like

when your playstyle defects from trivial grinding into nontrivial adventure

2 Likes

You know you’ve improved when you run around almost naked for being that much of a bad ass…

I’ll get back to you if I ever achieve this :wink:

Just kidding I’m there :sunglasses:

1 Like

Summer is great!

(Hi, I’m here because post must be at least 20 characters long)