Why did the Cataclysm happen?

It’s not great but it’s better than the one we have.

[quote=“Purplewisp, post:11, topic:8097”][quote=“Closet Pankin, post:9, topic:8097”][quote=“Purplewisp, post:8, topic:8097”][quote=“Closet Pankin, post:7, topic:8097”]Seriously, read up on the lore and you will understand how we all got rekt as a species.

Also you mentioned the robots and turrets thing… Yeah, uh, the AI is absolutely effective and it is unarguably good at killing what it targets.[/quote]
snip[/quote]

I was referring to the fact that automated turrets and robots slaughtered innocent people while ignoring the zombies and demons but yeah.[/quote]
With that in-mind the turrets would just have destroyed any attempts at an organized defense… Although I guess that depends on exactly when the turrets went rogue. Thinking about this kind of makes me want a last stand scenario, with your turrets going rogue halfway through.[/quote]

Sometime during the panic some gov’t dude tried to quickly reprogram the robots to kill zombies on sight, however he must’ve missed a line of code because they started attacking people - including the guy programming them - and saw the zombies as animals and thus harmless.