Where to find certain items in .71

Anyone know locations for this stuff.

1. kevlar plate (whatever you need to repair kevlar).
  2. gunpowder. Is this craftable? Ok I can craft ammo, but I can’t seem to find ingredients. Im always short on firearm ammo. its why archery is so useful. I can craft arrows.
  3. welder. Are these only in gargages? They seem pretty rare and are essential.
  1. You get them from dissembling kevlar vests, IIRC.

2. There is a chance to find it in Gun Stores.

3. In the most recent builds you can make a make-shift one, but they can also be found in garages, Hardware Shops and Public Works.

It’s worth noting that you need to apply a knife (pocket knife will do) to the kevlar vest to disassemble it, rather than scissors - it was awhile before I realised you could even do that with knives.

Also, at least in my version, it says that you’re chopping the vest into plastic chunks, but you do actually get pieces of kevlar from it.

[quote=“youtoo, post:1, topic:2582”]…
2. gunpowder. Is this craftable? Ok I can craft ammo, but I can’t seem to find ingredients. Im always short on firearm ammo. its why archery is so useful. I can craft arrows.
…[/quote]

Firearm ammunition. 'A’pply yourself and a kinetic bullet puller on some, that’s how you get gunpowder, lead, casings, primer, incendiary and the like. YMMV on different types of bullets.

As well (if you are up to a bit of ‘modding’) you could make a recipe for gunpowder.
You could also make items specifically for this, though I don’t know how to make them spawn in the game world

; '-'

You can make a basic black powder from charcoal, sulfur, and a nitrate (fertilizer). It would be hell on your gun, but it can be mass produced with ease (you literally just have to mix it up).

In a cataclysm recipe, add in a recipe to turn logs into charcoal, and then pick something that you think has sulfur and a nitrate, and you will have a viable cata-powder recipe… just don’t make it in real life and inhale the fumes.

That’d be a good recipe for some improvised explosives. :smiley:

One Anarchist’s Cookbook here, too. :smiley:

Oh and I had occasionally found welders on farms.

Are you talking about the book or me?

so crafting bullets now is more about converitng one type of ammo to another. And fixing kevlar is useful if you have 2 broken kevlar vests. you harvest parts from one to fix the otherl. ok got it.

not touching the home made gunpowder stuff. dont want to come up in an NSA search. If the FBI shows up anyones house over this make sure to record them on your phone and we can put it on our next kickstarter page.

Hah, I’m probably on every watchlist in existence after all the things I’ve searched for working on the game.

Nuclear weapons, homemade explosives, homemade drugs, various limits on mortality (holding breath, temperature extremes, blood loss), lots of elaborate searches about gun accuracy and training, drug side effects, diseases, goes on and on.

waves at Feds

[quote=“youtoo, post:11, topic:2582”]so crafting bullets now is more about converitng one type of ammo to another. And fixing kevlar is useful if you have 2 broken kevlar vests. you harvest parts from one to fix the otherl. ok got it.

not touching the home made gunpowder stuff. dont want to come up in an NSA search. If the FBI shows up anyones house over this make sure to record them on your phone and we can put it on our next kickstarter page.[/quote]boy, would that be a great promotion for C:DDA, “…so realistic, the FBI raided us!”

Cataplosives! Nuca-rly? :slight_smile:
And the Dwarves run to their hills of the Middle Earth…

“You have been informed by your sleeper agents at the Intelligence HQ of an impending raid on Granade LLC.
A M1 Abrams Tank will cover the entrance to your base.
The final attack will be conducted by Seal Team Six”

[quote=“vultures, post:14, topic:2582”]Cataplosives! Nuca-rly? :slight_smile:
And the Dwarves run to their hills of the Middle Earth…[/quote]

Well, I wouldn’t exactly call the noxious (but explosive) powder made from random ingredients that contain the real ingredients “gunpowder”. It’ll likely still explode, but it wouldn’t be all that comparable to the real thing (don’t get me wrong, it will still kill something and you should NOT do this in your backyard without a thorough knowledge of chemistry and a sizable amount of protection).

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:12, topic:2582”]Hah, I’m probably on every watchlist in existence after all the things I’ve searched for working on the game.

Nuclear weapons, homemade explosives, homemade drugs, various limits on mortality (holding breath, temperature extremes, blood loss), lots of elaborate searches about gun accuracy and training, drug side effects, diseases, goes on and on.

waves at Feds[/quote]
Searching for long range sniper rifles (for the game), searching blueprints for the white house (for the game), searching light aircraft (for the game), searching dynamic physics with air resistance from high altitudes to low altitudes on long range targets (still for the gam right?).

People put the puzzle together… … …
Black vans pull up in front of Granade LLC.
They cut the power.
The landlines are not working.
There is a cell signal blocker, cell phones are not working.
You hear a crash at the front door.
You hear a crash at the back door.

Liberal crime squad, your devs must have at least some conservitive heat right?

[quote=“UberZacht, post:15, topic:2582”]“You have been informed by your sleeper agents at the Intelligence HQ of an impending raid on Granade LLC.
A M1 Abrams Tank will cover the entrance to your base.
The final attack will be conducted by Seal Team Six”[/quote]err… not to kill the mood here, but Six is dead :,(

i wouldn’t mind at all being raided by them if it meant they were still alive.

[quote=“Otaku, post:17, topic:2582”][quote=“Kevin Granade, post:12, topic:2582”]Hah, I’m probably on every watchlist in existence after all the things I’ve searched for working on the game.

waves at Feds[/quote]
Searching for long range sniper rifles (for the game), searching blueprints for the white house (for the game), searching light aircraft (for the game), searching dynamic physics with air resistance from high altitudes to low altitudes on long range targets (still for the gam right?).[/quote]

Exactly, I’ve also searched all of those things except the whitehouse blueprints… but I have 747 floorplans around here somewhere…
Even better, I work in the aeronautics industry… Some of my co-workers have TS clearance… We have a classified documents vault in the basement…

I think if they have the power to see what you’re searching, they probably have the power to see what you’re searching it for ;D

A lot of things could be misinterpreted as terrorist activity if it’s out of context.