What is your CDDA Holy Grail?

As stated before:

1 Like

In my current playthrough it had to be when I stumbled across a Central Lab and on the -2nd level there was a huge old school lab. It was just huge and spanned up to -10 Z level in depth. It had tons of loot and weaponry that I just loved looting. I think it took me several IRL days to explore it all.

1 Like

ok thanks, ive looked through the forum and this the first time someone has actually answered

Swat armor every time, either start with it as an Swat officer or find it off a zombie one.

Real armor makes things amazing, you will still get hurt bad if when overwhelmed but the average zombies have to swarm you or get exhausted for it to be too late.

And it stacks well with other armor and comes with storage space already

1 Like

I also very rarely seen it in swat trucks, but it took me nearly 20 officers before to get lucky finding it from them, sometimes first try

1 Like

Early game: Finding caltrops and/or the ability to craft caltrops ASAP because they are an incredibly effective tool. They are very low weight/vol item that slows the movement of Zs while also inflicting bleed damage. I carry around 6 at all times, makes early game combat a total cake-walk. Just be careful, they don’t actually work against absolutely every threat.

Mid game: Any vehicle with heavy duty frames to begin upgrading into a death-mobile and enough tailoring skill to craft some decent armor.

Late game: Totally tricked-out custom-built death-mobile with all of the stuff and a companion or two with high quality medieval swords and survivor armor that I crafted.

2 Likes

I try to craft a travois ASAP or get a bike with a basket to maximise my looting

2 Likes

Military Bases.

If you’re a new player, I heavily recommend starting with the Scout mutation, then trying to find any pair of binoculars and climbing radio towers so you can find them on your map. If you find one, you’re set for the next two to three years. They’re great at helping you get a grip on the mechanics at your own pace because of the amount of ammo and preserved food within them.

3 Likes

Finding the “Handloader’s Helper” book. That and the rest of the tools you need to hand load bullets ( kinetic bullet puller, hand press, primers, gunpowder, etc.)

it’s basically required to use rarer ammunition that doesn’t usually drop from zombies, turrets, or military spawns as gun stores don’t have much ammunition even in the best case and LMOE shelters almost never have more than a handful. The book itself has recipes for hand loading a LOT of different rounds, so any weapon you want to use can benefit from it.

I always look out for it in gun stores because I know I’ll need it to play around with the .500 S&W revolver and P90s/MP7s, among other things.

1 Like

Fun fact: The bundled No Hope mod disables this location because it simply makes the game too easy.

MORE STRENGTH! MORE HEALTH, then you actually build a tank! from scrap and many months

Not just the e-ink PC. You can also use a smartphone to scan books and saving it into your SD Card. Very nifty.

Simple knife spears. During the early game, smash a table, get a knife and a few strings and craft a batch of simple knife spears. Climb up a rooftop, and start stabbing.

Or AR glasses, which also have games on them, and are worn on the face