What happened to SDG?

CDDA isn’t a small business, no. It is led by one person however. I would have to ask which military base you’ve been to that would coddle the soldiers and just attribute their misconduct to being the bar’s fault? If they didn’t know better, they get reminded. If that didn’t work, they get reprimanded.

A sports team might tolerate a star player acting out of bounds for a while, but if they can’t get it together guess who’s contract doesn’t get renewed? League penalties, bad press and possible legal action just aren’t worth keeping them around.

Soldiers are necessary for a base to exist, but you can get new soldiers any time. The base existed before the problem soldier & will continue to exist after. Same for sports teams.

1 Like

Here’s a useless comment:
Nothing usefull will come from going forward with this thread, J_B is obviously trolling and us ansewring back for sh*t and giggles is not going to get us anywhere.

1 Like

Having rules for rules sake is “the most fucking stupid” thing you could do. The project is more important than some side forum thing. Looking at all the incomplete small out of date tile sets might give you pause to reconsider this person’s value. I’m sure Artists will be lining up to fill his shoes after being shown how much their 1000s of hours of work can be snapped away for trivial nonsense. Why would anyone want to work on this project when this is the loyalty and community support they can expect?

You do realise that not only your arguments make no sens to begin with but on top of that sdg is still making the tileset, right? No one needs to be here or on the dev discord to make a tileset and distribute it.

6 Likes

I can kind of understand where J_B is coming from. I don’t care if the guy who made my tileset wants to call me a faggot. I once worked a construction job with a framer who was a convicted (and unrepentant) rapist. He was a good framer so we all kind of just kind of gritted our teeth and took it in stride whenever he got… weird on us.

That said, he always showed up on time and sober (which TBH is actually kind of rare for that industry) and he did what he was paid to do. And if he had actually been raping people on the jobsite, I think even the best worksmanship in the world wouldn’t have kept him around. I’ve worked MANY jobs in various menial fields of labour (construction, agriculture, etc) where I was the ONLY white guy in the place outside of management who wasn’t a felon or parolee, but pretty much all of them tend to demand that we not commit felonies WHILE WE’RE WORKING FOR THEM.

So in short, while I do think some people go overboard with this “bad behavior” crap, I also understand them having the prerogative to ask you not to do it around them.

2 Likes

…on the other end of the spectrum, I once worked for some Mennonites who would fire you for cursing on the premises.

Having major contributors in exile and pissed off is not a good way to run a project. And lets be honest- your going to keep using his stuff. Seems disrespectful and unfair and why doesnt anyone care about this person’s wellbeing and what in his life caused him to lash out in the first place? Kevin should be the better man and bring him back into the fold

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by “your going to keep using his stuff” but personaly I play with Ultica, and the tileset is not in the repo anymore so the answer is no.

3 Likes

Eh…

…disgrace yourself in the Armed Forces of Novorossiya and they’ll take away your weapon and send you to fill up sandbags under the fire of Ukrainian artillery positions.

Ok @J_B j this farce has gone on long enough, you clearly aren’t listening to anything you’re being told, and we’ve wrung every bit of clarification we can out of this bizarre mix of hypotheticals and concern trolling.

If you want to support SDG, you can do so from 2ch or his own discord, but he has shown no interest in rejoining the dda community.

16 Likes