What do you do with raw animal hides?

I like how you have to tan hides to use them now, it adds depth to the clothing craft system (it feels like UrW!). Unfortunately I haven’t been able to figure out how to tan them. [a]ctivating the hide made my character eat it and at 5 survival and 4 tailoring there doesn’t seem to be anything in the crafting menu for tanning. How do you get raw hides to a usable state?

raw hide/pelt >>crafting>> cured hide/pelt >>crafting>> tanning hide/pelt

Once it’s to the tanning stage you just have to wait a couple days and then you can activate the tanning hide/pelt to complete the process.

Got it, curing a pelt requires cooking to be at 1. Thanks Rivet.

You know you want that fluffy fur tail.

Clothing piece, not the mutation.

[quote=“Maur, post:4, topic:7797”]You know you want that fluffy fur tail.

Clothing piece, not the mutation.[/quote]

No.You want the mutation ofc.

Can’t it be both?

But yeah it took me some figuring out to realize that tanning is likely a chemistry sort of behaviour, and therefore under cooking, not tailoring. I couldn’t find the recipe in my inventory until I used the search function in the menu. (I have a godawful stockpile of books adding recipes haha.)

[quote=“Pthalocy, post:6, topic:7797”]Can’t it be both?

But yeah it took me some figuring out to realize that tanning is likely a chemistry sort of behaviour, and therefore under cooking, not tailoring. I couldn’t find the recipe in my inventory until I used the search function in the menu. (I have a godawful stockpile of books adding recipes haha.)[/quote]
Mutation isnt stylish. Stylish survivors FTW.

Why would you want a power armor when you can wear tricorn, leather corset, fluffy tail and cowboy boots?

Wow. that is the weirdest combination of clothing I have ever heard.

Wow. that is the weirdest combination of clothing I have ever heard.[/quote]
No, unless you add a monocle, then it would be way over the top.

Wow. that is the weirdest combination of clothing I have ever heard.[/quote]
No, unless you add a monocle, then it would be way over the top.[/quote]
Monocles make everything better.

[quote=“Rivet, post:2, topic:7797”]raw hide/pelt >>crafting>> cured hide/pelt >>crafting>> tanning hide/pelt

Once it’s to the tanning stage you just have to wait a couple days and then you can activate the tanning hide/pelt to complete the process.[/quote]

Great, now could someone put it on the wiki? I would do it but I haven’t mastered the craft template navbox yet.

My hopes is that once this last stretch of university work and exams are done, I can

a) get to work on an art thing for another project I signed on for, and

b) ADD SOME STUFF TO THAT WIKI

I’m no code-delver, though that can change depending on freetime and my patience with reading things. Either way, my hopes is to at least flesh out the wiki with more basic page entries. Like a page for parasites, and spoilered in-game text feedback the player character experiences. Little things. I’d need help for stats like numerical infection chances but it’d be a start.

You all make fun of the fluffy tail and stuff but that thing gives you 8+Dodge, do you even know what 8+ dodge means ? it breaks the torso encumbrance meta if you don’t plan on using melee.

All praise the fluffy tail !
Obey the fluff!

[quote=“Pthalocy, post:12, topic:7797”]My hopes is that once this last stretch of university work and exams are done, I can

I’m no code-delver, though that can change depending on freetime and my patience with reading things. Either way, my hopes is to at least flesh out the wiki with more basic page entries. Like a page for parasites, and spoilered in-game text feedback the player character experiences. Little things. I’d need help for stats like numerical infection chances but it’d be a start.[/quote]

That would be so great! The wiki has some outdated or missing stuff.

[quote=“KroganElite, post:15, topic:7797”][quote=“Pthalocy, post:12, topic:7797”]My hopes is that once this last stretch of university work and exams are done, I can

I’m no code-delver, though that can change depending on freetime and my patience with reading things. Either way, my hopes is to at least flesh out the wiki with more basic page entries. Like a page for parasites, and spoilered in-game text feedback the player character experiences. Little things. I’d need help for stats like numerical infection chances but it’d be a start.[/quote]

That would be so great! The wiki has some outdated or missing stuff.[/quote]

Ya. Some. :stuck_out_tongue: