What do you do second and third day?

On my first day (night) I raid a nearby city, find a vehicle, etc.

Second day, I go out, but there is usually nothing anywhere near the town, maybe a farm or some other place, and I run out of fuel and get killed by jumping spiders, since my guy can’t shoot a rifle for his life.

What do you guys do to start out?

I have 13 points in intelligence, 8 in the others, maybe I should put more in Dexterity or Perception if I want to use firearms ?

Gen a new character and walk around until I find a red evacuation shelter(in forests). Set for life after that.

Usually, I go to towns before 9:30AM, grab a backpack, hoodie, or any thing that can contain a lot of stuff (including messenger bags) and grab all of the following:

-One or two knives. (steak or butcher knives, or if you find one: a combat knife.)
-A pot. (At all costs find this. It’ll make your life easier and allow you to cook food and drink clean water.)
-As many lighters as possible.
-A hammer and many nails. (Optional but necessary if you want to barricade where ever you wanna go to next.)
-A shovel. (Absolutely necessary if you like setting up traps, pits actually, that don’t consume your resources.)
-A carboy or two.

Now, you might also wanna to get two or three bottles of clean water, and some food items. If you find a vehicle, get as many bottles and carboys as you can, drive to a gas station and fill them all up and put them in the trunk of your car\bike\truck. Why? So that you don’t run out of gasoline in the middle of a hundred zombies while going in a last second trip to the town.

That’s it basically. As for hideouts, farms are the ideal place to hang out, since they provide free food, are located near wood, and have an abundance water (Read: toilet.). Just make sure to pick those dead squirrels from the barbed wires surrounding the farm a few times a day at the barest and to make some clean water and store it in a carboy or plastic bottle every now and then.

[quote=“Tase, post:1, topic:285”]On my first day (night) I raid a nearby city, find a vehicle, etc.

Second day, I go out, but there is usually nothing anywhere near the town, maybe a farm or some other place, and I run out of fuel and get killed by jumping spiders, since my guy can’t shoot a rifle for his life.

What do you guys do to start out?

I have 13 points in intelligence, 8 in the others, maybe I should put more in Dexterity or Perception if I want to use firearms ?[/quote]
Christ you don’t need 13 Int to do anything if you need int past 11 just boost it with aderall throw one of the Int points twoard strength and another towards handguns

Usually still trying to gather all the basic stuff. But there can be exceptions, as that temptation to ride newly found 3L motorcycle and say da horde hello :slight_smile:

I bumrush town and look for
Backpack, hotplate/rollmat or cot/ pot/ combat knife/ lighters/crowbar
then I try to get some guns + ammo while finding a car. I try to get a marlin 39a, a m1911 or a powerful handgun, then a high powered rifle, ak 47, scar, FAL, SKS or whatever I can find, I then have usually found a science ID by now and I fill up my car and find a lab. I’ll usually try to snag the series of computer books + mechanics books. From here I play mutate roulette with bodyparts/mutagen. If I find a turret I’ll get a wide angle on it and i’ll be able to fire without it firing back. I’ll unload all my XP on rifles + firearms. If I find a .22 pistol and have plenty of .22 rounds i’ll do the same for handguns.

If you get your computers high enough you can try CBMs, I’ve never messed with them but I want to, my computer skill is never high enough before I find a new way to die.

Yea I know what you mean, I need to take it a bit slower and loot the city carefully and thoroughly.

Thanks for all the tips guys, I learned what a carboy is today (well, what that big plastic jug was called), wish me luck on my next playthrough!

PS: Keep the tips coming though. Anything from starting build to things to find and places to settle!

I grab a shovel early, then spend night 1 digging pits around a house on the edge of town, so day 2 is sleep, night 2 is book/food/drinks hunting, then more pits. After that I alternate between reading till 800 xp, killing till 0xp (Marlin, hammer and Redhawk being my optimal loadout), looting, pit digging and disposing of all the corpses around fort jimbob. By about the 5th day im computer savvy enough to start cracking open bank vaults and CBM computers. Or ill grab a high powered rifle and go clean out a military outpost at night for bunker cards. By about day 10 ive got 3 or 4 vehicles out the back of my base and im trying to work out what phase 3 is, then a new version comes out.

i bring in food to wherever i am, or i am looking for shelter.
or im dead.

First day is a quick loot of the village for backpacks, as much food/clean water as I can (Mil surplus stores are great - MREs, clean water, high-storage clothing)
Then I go to the library and grab all the skill books I can get.
After that, I rush back to my base and start reading as much as I can. Usually I get back to base before noon, and if I’m lucky I avoid any real problems with zombies.
Once I got my food and books at base, I just spend a couple game days reading. When I need to drop my pool I tend to sew, or throw items, or if I found a bb gun/nailgun, I’ll use that to get a quick level. If there’s a nearby building that’ll prevent me from being swarmed too hard, I’ll go and fight a few zombies and then go back.
Then I work on getting bionics and a light vehicle I craft myself [usually basically a bike]

On the second day, i fight off the approaching zombie horde, that i’ve spawned by sleeping in the city. Then, once i kill enough to create endless inventory stacks as far as the eye can see, i flee to live another day.

Day 2 is usually spent raiding the nearest lab to become some horrible mutant freak.

Day 3 is usually spent either searching for a car, learning how to modify a car, or modifying a car depending.

I can’t actually remember the last time I’ve played past midday, let along the 2nd or 3rd days…

It depends. I usually avoid guns with most of my characters and focus on melee, so I make sure the NPC I’m with has taught me everything relevant before ditching them for supplies. I never really get very far with cars except to move me from point A to point B, but eventually being able to kill a Hulk in unarmed combat is pretty neat. Also if I find some Lab IDs I might try to boost my electronics so I can hopefully find some good bionics(or mutate myself).

1st day: raiding
2nd day: probably dead
3rd dead: dead