What are you mutating into?

I’m currently trending Feline because KITTY! (and feline sight rocks), but I’m thinking of heading toward Beast for strength boosts. What is your form of transhumanity?

I’m currently realizing my dream of becoming an Ent, it’s difficult to avoid becoming ponderous, but that regeneration makes it worth it.

Currently I’m using a mutant I tweaked to near perfection before the thresholds hit, so I’m a grab bag of things that have fallen into post-threshold for a few categories. For the moment I’m prolly going insect though–if for nothing but the dreams. I like to imagine my transhuman survivor as a raging anthophobic.

How do thresholds work? I’m on the fence between Fey and Chimera/Ursine, which would be better?

i’ve mutated into a compulsive hoarder.

I’ve mutated into a slime.

Also a compulsive drug user and excessive drinker.

I’ve mutated into a ghost!

I used to be cow/insect/spider but then I chugged a gallon and a half of mutagen and became beast/insect/spider with a dash of cow left. unfortunately I had Unstable Genetics so I drank purifier and am now insect/spider with a dash of cow.

Just generally everything.

Drinky mutagen, best roulette.

I seem to be some kind of chitinous squidwolf.

I haven’t been able to sit down and play a game of Cataclysm long enough to actually mutate into anything yet… …This is new.

Interesting reading. :slight_smile:

Ekarus will obviously mutate into an Arachnid. Just look at his avatar and sig banner: don’t those just scream “I wanna be a giant spider”? /yeah, I know, LIZARD DAMMIT :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thresholds 101: If you inject a serum that’s the same category as the one you’ve been having lots of very specific dreams about, you may end up locking yourself permanently into that category. Most of the intended special-effects haven’t yet made it in. I may PR some before leaving for the family op this weekend.

Fey: Unstable analogue of Alpha. Sexy but high-risk. In the latest version, can go for over 24 hours straight and not even get Tired, though!
Chimera: Ultimate Chaos-Beast, with more mutations planned to make it marginally survivable post-Threshold.
Ursine: Boring Beast-variant with a few more mutations planned, and notably observed once as “an excuse to stick the Hibernation mutation in”, IIRC.

So Chimera and Ursine are both melee units, Fey and Chimera are both high-end and high-risk categories.

I’m tempted by the Hibernation but I think I’ll just go Fey.

With medical mutagen you will eventually become a superhuman. Use it!
Use fey serum to become super beautyful and gain fey eyes, that will give you +100 (200?) morale permanently.
Use alpha serum to gain something cool, but high-risky (lol, I forgot what exactly).
Use chimera serum to become ultimate melee killing machine.
Use feline to become KITTY.
I have used all of them, and now I’m totally crippled genetic bastard.

I haven’t been able to find the elf recipe yet.

that will give you +100 (200?) morale permanently.
That sounds pretty broken...

[quote=“Bonevomit, post:15, topic:4762”]

that will give you +100 (200?) morale permanently.

That sounds pretty broken…[/quote]

Not really, eating five bags of potatoe chips and five chocolates gives you the same amount. I’d be that happy if I had the most GORGOUS eyes around.

Being a meat bag is sub optimal, transcending the flesh through cybernetics is the only
way forward.

[quote=“Caconym, post:17, topic:4762”]Being a meat bag is sub optimal, transcending the flesh through cybernetics is the only
way forward.[/quote]

Agree with you there :slight_smile:
We have a pretty good mutation system now, I just wish someone show CBM more love so we can have interesting things like Mutagen vs CBM.

[quote=“Caconym, post:17, topic:4762”]Being a meat bag is sub optimal, transcending the flesh through cybernetics is the only
way forward.[/quote]

What’s wrong with mutations and bionics…

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:19, topic:4762”][quote=“Caconym, post:17, topic:4762”]Being a meat bag is sub optimal, transcending the flesh through cybernetics is the only
way forward.[/quote]

What’s wrong with mutations and bionics…[/quote]
organic matter is a hindrance to perfection (i feel you shouldn’t be able to extensively mutate and still be able to uuse CBMs)