Vehicle roofs

Hi everyone!

There are several different types of roofs in Cata but none of them are displayed and also it took me at least ten minutes of lurking in code to understand that this fearsome HMG on top of my humvee isn’t gonna shoot through me 'cause it’s installed on the roof, which is not that obvious.
And so I’m asking whether it’s reasonable to make the roofs displayable?
I thought of changing the logics to show the roof when player is not within the car. I expect that the items on seat still will be seen because the same background will be added to a roof tile instead of seat.

I’ve seen in code that hiding roof is hardcoded, but I think that it’s better to show roofs as long as possible (while the player is not boarding the vehicle).

Fairly sure now that when you’re outside of your car you can see the roof.

Tested in experimental just now and found true.
It disapears only if you step on a tile that might be inside like a seat. Stepping on a vehicleframe that IS inside doesn t remove the roof unless thers something
more…

edit: or perhaps a simple frame with a roof inside a car doesn t count as inside.

Tested in experimental just now and found true.
It disapears only if you step on a tile that might be inside like a seat. Stepping on a vehicleframe that IS inside doesn t remove the roof unless thers something
more…

edit: or perhaps a simple frame with a roof inside a car doesn t count as inside.[/quote]

Uhm, what do you mean? It wasn’t added to code.
I don’t understand you:)

[quote=“Daniel Rempel, post:4, topic:7796”]Uhm, what do you mean? It wasn’t added to code.
I don’t understand you:)[/quote]

I am basicly saying that i am currently playing cataclysms most recent experimental build . I am standing in front of my car and i see the roof .
However there seems to be something odd about what the code deems to be inside and outside which ends up showing weird results like showing a seat that should be inside cause theres a roof above it+switching from showing roof and not isn t toggled by just standing on a car tile aparently-.

edit:

I think i found the source of our dissonanze.
You want the roof to be shown on every tile it is present. However in cata it shows certain interrior tiles regardles of your position.
There had been a change that toggles tiles that are on the roof which do hide the ones below… Tat also explains the weird behaviour (well not completely) that i witnessed. So the roof isn t always shown.

That’s weird 'cause I’ve compiled the most recent code and it hasn’t got this thing O_o

Maybe it was added and removed afterwards?

We need a post from one of the main developers:)

[quote=“Daniel Rempel, post:6, topic:7796”]That’s weird 'cause I’ve compiled the most recent code and it hasn’t got this thing O_o

Maybe it was added and removed afterwards?

We need a post from one of the main developers:)[/quote]

I understand now. It was never added in the way you want it.

If you stand outside of car = you can see the roof

If you’re inside the car = you cannot see the roof

Simple

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:8, topic:7796”]If you stand outside of car = you can see the roof

If you’re inside the car = you cannot see the roof

Simple[/quote]

Already done.:slight_smile:
But, as I mentioned there: there’s one little thing to do and a strange behavior with trunks.

I thought it was fine as-was. Any other opinions?

I just do not care enough about how cars look. I rarely drive anyway. So i have no need for a change.
I always imagined that i do not see the roof of the cars and see the seats instead was because of my chars viewpoint which is from the side which allows to see the interrior through the doors.