UPS powered guns

I found a fusion gun in the bottom of a science lab. Pretty cool, but everytime I shot something, it exploded into flames. A bit annoying. So next I made a charge rifle. Also pretty cool, but does very low damage unless I charged it so much that again, it explodes into flames. I finally got my hands on the one that’s made from the fusion rifle CBM, and it does great damage, but it explodes into flames.

Is there any way around this? It really limits its use since I can’t loot corpses I shoot or use it close to me or use it indoors or near a car or building without burning the whole town down and causing explosions everywhere.

If not, are there any other UPS powered guns that are useful and also not explosive? What weapons do you guys use later in the game? I use a Zhander for melee but I’m yet to find a ranged weapon that has easy to get ammo while also being useful.

Bows are pretty useful ranged weapons with easy ammo. As are throwing weapons.

The Ferromagnetic Rail Rifle probably fits, UPS powered though requires it’s own ammunition (Which is made from scrap metal though), and can one-hit kill and even gib on crits. The materials are all pretty common too.

The only issue is that it requires 9 skill in electronics.

The A7 Laser Rifle can also work, though the damage is a bit too low for my tastes.

[quote=“123456789, post:1, topic:7221”]I found a fusion gun in the bottom of a science lab. Pretty cool, but everytime I shot something, it exploded into flames. A bit annoying. So next I made a charge rifle. Also pretty cool, but does very low damage unless I charged it so much that again, it explodes into flames. I finally got my hands on the one that’s made from the fusion rifle CBM, and it does great damage, but it explodes into flames.

Is there any way around this? It really limits its use since I can’t loot corpses I shoot or use it close to me or use it indoors or near a car or building without burning the whole town down and causing explosions everywhere.

If not, are there any other UPS powered guns that are useful and also not explosive? What weapons do you guys use later in the game? I use a Zhander for melee but I’m yet to find a ranged weapon that has easy to get ammo while also being useful.[/quote]

ammo should be fairly plentiful regardless as long as you know what you are looking for/hoard everything but the LACP laser pistol, and I think the V29 are both energy only light weapons. they won’t penetrate armor but can kill pretty much every light enemy easily.

Some other options are the pneumatic assault rifle(needs stones to make pebbles), the bolt driver, and the repeating crossbow. the first, like the LACP, won’t penetrate armor but is good at dealing damage in burst fire mode though it reloads slowly, and the other two will deal with armored enemies.

The A7 Laser Rifle can also work, though the damage is a bit too low for my tastes.
Its got a burst fire mode, but that sucks down energy like crazy, especially without extra battery modded/rechargeable UPSes these days. its also incredibly rare.

as to the charge rifle, on charge 1-3 or 4 it acts like a laser weapon, and only does explosive damage on higher charge levels. its somewhat cumbersome though.

I’d have to recommend the Ferromagnetic Railgun, as Blaze has. The only catch (other than the skill levels necessary) is that ammo is crazy heavy and takes a while to make, but it is ridiculously powerful and can destroy wooden doors at distance.

there is a railgun but i never saw it or its ammo only buyable in defense or i am unlucky

after learning how to make gunpowder and getting handloader helper every ammo is common you only need to make some gunpowder and get cassings and solder (its common in gun and electronic store other things like lead work too just read recipe)sometimes copper tubbing too

The H&K railgun is pretty much military-only. Try Bunkers, helicrashes, milcorpses, etc.

its pretty rare. I think the most ammo I’ve found in a single game was 40 shots, and over every game perhaps 80.

Also, if you can find one, a laser pistol. There’s two, far as I know. One’s far superior.

Or just forgo the whole “UPS” thing and go straight for the finger laser and chain lightning.

More power, now at 0 volume/weight!

[quote=“Daidalon, post:10, topic:7221”]Or just forgo the whole “UPS” thing and go straight for the finger laser and chain lightning.

More power, now at 0 volume/weight![/quote]

with new monster spawns in lab you have infinite ammo with it (seriusly i can run a cloak cbm and stay invisible for 2 days)

[quote=“Arek_PL, post:11, topic:7221”][quote=“Daidalon, post:10, topic:7221”]Or just forgo the whole “UPS” thing and go straight for the finger laser and chain lightning.

More power, now at 0 volume/weight![/quote]

with new monster spawns in lab you have infinite ammo with it (seriusly i can run a cloak cbm and stay invisible for 2 days)[/quote]
400 turn time dilation. Clear an entire town before that mininuke alarm you planted goes off.