Too many "last stand" basements

I have found too many “last stand” basements lately, those who come with a dead person with an m60 with full ammo. I have already emptied my third m60 today. It’s fun, but certainly game breaking. Can it be toned down?

I plan to create some new basements, when I have some time to relax.

That would be great! I’m loving all the variety of late (i just updated), sadly that one basement is really overpowered, having food, bed, weapons and the m60. Quite a nice find if it were way harder to find.

I noticed this as far back as 5000.

I never understood why 1 in 3 homes were sand bagged and had 1 dead body with a really rare gun. That is pretty odd =/

[quote=“ZoneWizard, post:4, topic:13200”]I noticed this as far back as 5000.

I never understood why 1 in 3 homes were sand bagged and had 1 dead body with a really rare gun. That is pretty odd =/[/quote]

Murica’!

[quote=“SpadeDraco, post:5, topic:13200”][quote=“ZoneWizard, post:4, topic:13200”]I noticed this as far back as 5000.

I never understood why 1 in 3 homes were sand bagged and had 1 dead body with a really rare gun. That is pretty odd =/[/quote]

Murica’![/quote]

Suddenly everything makes sense.

Anyway, what I think is the problem is that that rare gun has FULL AMMO ( despite the casings… mysterious ). 3 basements and I have 1500 high caliber ammo for my guns. I think this is way too much ammo for free. Maybe tweak those basements so that they spawn with 10-15% of ammo max? This way they wouldn’t end up being free ammo stashes.

They are still quite OP though. And those basements depict such a really hard to happen thing in real life, that having them spawn in one every 150 houses and no more would be good.

I have not encountered this problem (and I haven’t played very much at all as of late, too) but just for flavor/variety, why not have it a random assault weapon instead, like an assault rifle, instead of always an M60?