Tileset Studio 0.10 (Win only)

New version of editor 0.6 is up.

Change log is in the first post, which also contains new sections

[ul][li]Filter switches[/li]
[li]Planned features[/li][/ul]

I was just trying out v0.6 of the editor…

I could have sworn I saw some mention somewhere that it could produce a list of objects that are missing tiles. Was I just imagining it? That would be really handy. The existing Missing Tile Checker tool is somewhat outdated and doesn’t catch everything.

[quote=“Antistar, post:22, topic:5395”]I was just trying out v0.6 of the editor…

I could have sworn I saw some mention somewhere that it could produce a list of objects that are missing tiles. Was I just imagining it? That would be really handy. The existing Missing Tile Checker tool is somewhat outdated and doesn’t catch everything.[/quote]

Yes, it does. It is new feature of 0.6

Filter switches
ObjectTree
:n - use object name instead of object id for filtering, “:n jackrabbit” will find object with id mon_hare
:e - show only objects without links (without any attached tiles), this filter takes some computer power, give it few seconds
TileTree
:u - show only tiles without links (without any attached objects), good for finding unused tiles

Ah - great. I searched for the text “missing” and didn’t find it that way… then somehow skimmed past that bit. I guess I wasn’t expecting it to be a switch for the filter, though that makes sense in hindsight.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Hey robik, I’m running your editor on WIN 8 32 bit and it is quite the boon for gfx stuff.
Ow-some.

I figured I’d muck about with the Deon tiles to get familiar, got this

Not sure if that’s me doing something terribly wrong or not

[quote=“Habbadax, post:26, topic:5395”]I figured I’d muck about with the Deon tiles to get familiar, got this

Not sure if that’s me doing something terribly wrong or not[/quote]

Hey,
this is because of one change in 0.3 can import only tilesets in new format - these containing element ‘tiles-new’ in tileset.json, like MShock and Retrodays

If you want to stick with Deon’s tileset for now, you have to update it’s .json. You can inspire in MShock or Retrodays, difference is rather small.

Hopefully I haven’t come here too late I’m kind of posting all over the place right now.

I recently have become interested in tileset creation and plan to modify an existing tileset, however I have little experience in modding and with this kind of thing. While I was planning this and looking over the features of this editor I came up with some ideas. I was wondering if there’s any sort of feature that would help with something that I would like to add, where a player sprite gains different arm positions depending on what they have wielded. Basically, if it’s possible, I would assign a sprite (is it called an overlay?) to the player that is just empty arms/hands in a neutral position.The idea is it counts being unarmed (wielding nothing) as wielding something (if that makes sense) and so the player “wields” their own arms when they have nothing wielded. If this is possible then I could even look into changing this according to martial arts knowledge. The player sprite/tile would be armless, and everything that they can wield would also have arms attached that would line up with the torso. Another idea is adding unique appearances within the same gender (different hair, eyes, etc.) but I’m not sure if that can be achieved within a tileset alone. It more sounds like changes would have to be made to the the game itself to support more than one tile for a single object, and a way of determining how to assign a particular appearance for that object.

Sorry if I got off topic there, basically I’m curious how much this editor supports expanding the tileset for more variability keeping in mind that I have no idea what I’m doing. I have a sort of jumbled thread where I’ve expressed these ideas http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=10694.msg239724#msg239724.

im korean. not good at english. sorry. but i don't really know how to set my cataclysm folder in catatilesetstudio.exe.config so, just launch catatilesetstudio. it launched, but its cannot open anything.

[quote=“lchs312, post:29, topic:5395”]im korean. not good at english. sorry. but i don't really know how to set my cataclysm folder in catatilesetstudio.exe.config so, just launch catatilesetstudio. it launched, but its cannot open anything.[/quote]

You can use Notepad or similar text editor to open the config file.

Find following text inside (might be slightly different, key thing is “CataDir”)

<setting name="CataDir" serializeAs="String">
            <value>D:\Gamesy\Cataclysm\CDDA3350</value>
        </setting>

Then change the path (text inside the ) to your Cataclysm folder.

Hello, can you compile a 32 bit version? Also, i managed to set up a cataclysm directory, it loads data, but when i try to open any projects, the menu is empty. However, import option menu is working. But there is no use of it, because i cannot open anything.

just a side note. Anyone with a different operating system can almost certainly use this with no problem by throwing into a WINE. I don’t even understand how WINE does what it does but 0 lag instant conversion of (anything?) PC to mac as far as I can tell. One thing that I can’t seem to figure out with wine is how to get a Catta icon instead of generic or wine Icon >.<
note to self: fix.
Note to self: best just do that now…before you forget… again.

We would like to use this program. Particularly for its more interesting features, such as seasonal tiles, overlays, etc.

However, when we try to import ANY tileset, we get:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CataTilesStudio.CTSWindow.bwImport_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

The file is configured correctly according to the instructions in this thread. What are we doing wrong?

which program are you using? The Wineskin I recommended or the other thing?

I’m just running the exe. I’m in Windows Vista.

:frowning: oh. You poor thing.

[quote=“Gideon, post:33, topic:5395”]We would like to use this program. Particularly for its more interesting features, such as seasonal tiles, overlays, etc.

However, when we try to import ANY tileset, we get:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CataTilesStudio.CTSWindow.bwImport_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

The file is configured correctly according to the instructions in this thread. What are we doing wrong?[/quote]

Sorry for the late fix mate. I am kinda occupied lately… lame excuse, I know :slight_smile:

Anyway, version 0.9 should work (except ChestHole tileset which has some incompatible definitions for isometric view). I did not have enough time for thorough testing, but import and export of MShock32 seems to work fine.

Works like a charm now.

Coleen will be very pleased, thank you.

I have a question that (I think) many people would like to know. Is there any way to merge multiple TileSets? I want to have everything graphical, so I want to merge all existing 24px tilesets.

Or is there a good merged TileSet I can use? I would like to use ChestHole as “main” TileSet with things from other ones when something is missing.

1 Like

Hi, Robik. In new experimental versions items that have “copy-from” in them do not appear on the list and tiles are marked as undefined. Is it possible to fix?