This is Outer Heaven (Base building)

After however many in-game weeks, I finally finished the main part of my home base Outer Heaven.

I’m still rearranging some stuff and the farmland will be larger, but this is what I’ve been working on. Everything is arranged for specific tasks. Guns, mods and ammo are on the right of the storage room, melee weapons and tools in the center, and fuel canisters and miscellaneous items to the left. The smaller room is the workbench. Center rack has the forging tools, mechanical items to the right, electronics to the left, and completed electronics on the bottom right.

Medicine box is in the master room until I can install an infirmary. The kitchen is solar powered, with craftable foodstuffs on one rack next to it, craftable liquids in the rack below, bones on the rack to the right, and non-crafting foods away from the kitchen unit.

The barracks needs to be pushed up against the wall to make more sense, and provide more space for (imaginary) people.

Pretty nice setup!

What’s with the weird name?

Meatle Gaer Reference?

Pronounce it. DO EET. PRONOUNCE MEATLE GAER.

Yes, it’s a Metal Gear reference because I can’t be assed to come up with a different name.

Yay for being a Metal Gear fan.

Seriously, I 100% almost all Metal Gear Solids, and I have actually completed Metal Gear and Metal Gear: Solid Snake.

Bases are for sickos who can’t endure walking around with the sword on the shoulder and looking for the prison.
Place the tent, place the cot, enjoy your night.
Then you find the prison, clear it out and then you are the king of the prison. Don’t drop the soap.

Place the tent, place the cot, wake up surrounded by angry moose and bears. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Lost, post:4, topic:3399”]Yes, it’s a Metal Gear reference because I can’t be assed to come up with a different name.

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Outer_Heaven[/quote]

Clicked the link, what the heck did I just read?

Outer Heaven refers to a number of concepts that all pertain to Big Boss's dream, which involved ending the abuse and exploitation of soldiers by the world's governments, based on his interpretation of The Boss's will.

Was this video game written by a lunatic?

The bits I read sound like the stuff that the crazy lady that hangs out at my local McDonald’s talks about, except her stuff also involves some sort of bible-quote-math-flowcharts.

Place the tent, place the cot, wake up surrounded by angry moose and bears. :P[/quote]

moose and bears
Never happened.
However, I have some Adderall and my trusty bat, wrapped in gasoline-soaked rags.

No, just someone from japan.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
The original made more sense then the ones that followed it. Good reference though.

[quote=“Rivet, post:8, topic:3399”]Was this video game written by a lunatic?

The bits I read sound like the stuff that the crazy lady that hangs out at my local McDonald’s talks about, except her stuff also involves some sort of bible-quote-math-flowcharts.[/quote]

Yes and no. The Metal Gear Solid series is a real piece of work. The story has been retconned a few times both in-universe and out and is about as complicated to understand as a quantum equation, but the scariest part is everything actually manages to make sense.

Even the stuff that doesn’t.

ESPECIALLY the stuff that doesn’t.

Just a reminder why I never recommend this game:
[size=24pt]HALF AN HOUR OF SOLDIER WITH DIARRHEA[/size]

[quote=“Lost, post:12, topic:3399”]Yes and no. The Metal Gear Solid series is a real piece of work. The story has been retconned a few times both in-universe and out and is about as complicated to understand as a quantum equation, but the scariest part is everything actually manages to make sense.

Even the stuff that doesn’t.

ESPECIALLY the stuff that doesn’t.[/quote]

I’ve not played those games, but after a fifteen minute wiki-walk through Metal Gear Land I’m going to have to disagree with you on that.

There might be continuity of the weird crap that makes up that plotline, but there’s no way in heck you can convince me that any of the events therein make sense. To be honest, though, I’ve found the same holds true for about three quarters of the video games that come from Japan; no plot is too far-fetched or implausible, no character is too poorly defined or one dimensional, and no amount of scenery-chewing is considered overacting. It’s like trying to follow the plot of Axe Cop, or a play that was written and acted out by children, but at least Axe Cop acknowledges that it was written by a five year old, and the kids are cute.

Indeed. (SPOILERS)

The problem is Hideo Kojima wanted to end the series with MGS1, but when people wanted him to make more, he kept trying to continue the series and make it as good as possible while at the same time trying to seemingly sabotage it so there couldn’t be any future games. Then the whole addition of a group that rewrites history to their advantage was thrown into the mix and the timeline became a massive clusterfuck until the Big Boss era games started to make everything make sense.

[quote=“Rivet, post:8, topic:3399”]Clicked the link, what the heck did I just read?

Outer Heaven refers to a number of concepts that all pertain to Big Boss's dream, which involved ending the abuse and exploitation of soldiers by the world's governments, based on his interpretation of The Boss's will.

Was this video game written by a lunatic?

The bits I read sound like the stuff that the crazy lady that hangs out at my local McDonald’s talks about, except her stuff also involves some sort of bible-quote-math-flowcharts.[/quote]The Metal Gear series revolves around governments manipulating soldiers and the effects of warfare. Of course the main story is more complex than that and no matter how many times i read over the wikis and such I never fully get it. Basically only a Japanese person (no offense) is capable of writing something like this :P.

the concept of “Outer Heaven” is meant to convey “a country without politics”. I don’t think Lost really means that by naming his base “Outer Heaven” but more like a “sanctuary”.

[quote=“trusty_patches, post:13, topic:3399”]Signature=Zweihander: chaos +5[/quote]Dark Souls? :stuck_out_tongue:

Patches makes a “Well, what is it?” gesture

[quote=“VampyreLord, post:16, topic:3399”]The Metal Gear series revolves around governments manipulating soldiers and the effects of warfare. Of course the main story is more complex than that and no matter how many times i read over the wikis and such I never fully get it. Basically only a Japanese person (no offense) is capable of writing something like this :P.

the concept of “Outer Heaven” is meant to convey “a country without politics”. I don’t think Lost really means that by naming his base “Outer Heaven” but more like a “sanctuary”.[/quote]

Actually, there’s a sort of bitter irony to the name when you consider that “a country without politics” applies in Cataclysm, where, for all you know, the government has completely collapsed.

ballin’