The Quest for 1,000 MPH

Nice, is all that done legit?
Also that’s no car it’s a freaking rocket with a seat duct-taped on.

You cut out the limiter and took it to the edge. Bravo, sir!

[quote=“Caconym, post:61, topic:248”]Nice, is all that done legit?
Also that’s no car it’s a freaking rocket with a seat duct-taped on.[/quote]

Yes 100% legit. you see how it says day 6 of spring? yeah that rolled over, ive been playing this world since the update with the liters first came out tons n tons and have been quite lucky. alot of it was speed grinding and wasting days recovering from wounds and whatnot, the only thing non-legit about it i guess is i turned skill rust ALL the way off just so i could do it within this century. getting a 20+ mechanical skill is no easy task.

wow congrats!

did anything fall off on the way?

wow imagine hitting something at that speed…anyone need da zombie dust? it’s some gooooood stuff

[quote=“ballfairy, post:63, topic:248”][quote=“Caconym, post:61, topic:248”]Nice, is all that done legit?

Yes 100% legit. you see how it says day 6 of spring? yeah that rolled over, ive been playing this world since the update with the liters first came out tons n tons and have been quite lucky. alot of it was speed grinding and wasting days recovering from wounds and whatnot, the only thing non-legit about it i guess is i turned skill rust ALL the way off just so i could do it within this century. getting a 20+ mechanical skill is no easy task.[/quote]
Very impressive, now try to go faster :P.

I did something similar with a stripped-down army truck yesterday and got up to ~1100ish before it exploded. It had 3 truck wheels, 7 V8 engines (each of them at least 6L) and 5 gas tanks.

Interestingly, crashing into a quadbike that was sitting in the road made the speed display flip the fuck out and show a speed of over 5000 mph. Not sure if that’s correct or not.

[quote=“ballfairy, post:63, topic:248”][quote=“Caconym, post:61, topic:248”]Nice, is all that done legit?

Yes 100% legit. you see how it says day 6 of spring? yeah that rolled over, ive been playing this world since the update with the liters first came out tons n tons and have been quite lucky. alot of it was speed grinding and wasting days recovering from wounds and whatnot, the only thing non-legit about it i guess is i turned skill rust ALL the way off just so i could do it within this century. getting a 20+ mechanical skill is no easy task.[/quote]
TDW turns off skill rust. Every dev I’ve seen doesn’t like it. No-rust is legit.

…And nice job going plaid there. :wink:

You might say you were on the…

Highway to the Danger Zone

or perhaps the…

Highway to Hell

or just…

some highway.

[quote=“asdfzxc, post:66, topic:248”]I did something similar with a stripped-down army truck yesterday and got up to ~1100ish before it exploded. It had 3 truck wheels, 7 V8 engines (each of them at least 6L) and 5 gas tanks.

Interestingly, crashing into a quadbike that was sitting in the road made the speed display flip the fuck out and show a speed of over 5000 mph. Not sure if that’s correct or not.[/quote]

yes ive seen this before one time i was riding around in a car with a SINGLE V6 and bumped into a bicycle just right to bump the MPH to say 2,000 something but the color of the text was still green and returned to about 120 ish mph the next turn

i’m setting my rig to try for Mach II. I’ve had no luck finding more than 2 V8s higher than 5, but with the actual setup i reached 1764 Km/h before 4 of my 6 engines exploded.

[URL=http://s1050.photobucket.com/user/Ferodaktyl/media/cdda/Therig.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1050.photobucket.com/user/Ferodaktyl/media/cdda/MachI.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1050.photobucket.com/user/Ferodaktyl/media/cdda/Beforexplode.jpg.html][/URL]

impressive.
I haven’t had time to play Cataclysm in a while I meant to buildup on my previous vehicle, getting bigger engines and building it bigger, but I didn’t have time to get around to it.

ballfairy, your success is beautiful. You’re vehicle died bravely in support of it’s duty. I shed a single tear in amazement at the work you’ve wrought here.

my work here is done, and now I must go for my people need me.

(just kidding, Ill be back with a bigger vehicle, next goal is 2,000!)

Second attempt at 2000 Km/ h ( don 't even wanna think about miles now).
Max speed possible (not really, the engines fail at ~80%) - 2203
Max speed achieved before engines failure - 1812, in ~ 25-30 turns
Engines :
6.55, 6,47, 6.11 - V8
5.83 5.42 5.35 - V8
5.16 5.11 V6
4.67 V8
4.98 4.64 V6

My save is over 100M now, second winter is a couple of days away, Mech skill - 26, Driving - 13. Haven’t seen the base in the last year :). Still need Hydraulic Muscles CBM, but no luck yet.

Warning : spoilers ahead

Some interesting facts : Wheels diameter doesn’t seem to influence speed or acc. in any way, only their type (wide, normal, motorbike, etc) and number (for some reason 5 seems to be the optimum number :P). Both engines and wheels in the same category (V8, V6, etc) have the same weight, even if dimensions are different. It seems that the litrage is the only performance indicator of the engine, meaning that a same voulme V6 engine is better than a similar V8 (because lower weight, almost half). It doesn’t seem to be a particularly order in which engines break when overworked.

BAMP.

Oh cool almost 4000 views.

I feel specials. I wonder how many of those are unique views.

i lol’ed at the 95% pain on the bike crash.

You wouldn’t happen to be a Dwarf, would you? Because, as a Dwarf Fortress player, THAT was really Dwarfy!

I do occasionally fight super carp.

still mad Carp got nerfed

[quote=“ballfairy, post:78, topic:248”]I do occasionally fight super carp.

still mad Carp got nerfed[/quote]
Yeah, amphibious undead whales just aren’t the same.

I’m sorry, I had to resurrect this just for the awesomeness of this. :slight_smile: