The laser can get bounce off by creature's thick skin just isn't right,

I have a laser pistol, and when I shoot those zombies (normal), some time it say that my laser beam just get bounce off by the thick skin…

I don’t get it, wasn’t the laser are design to cut the objects? I mean, in the real life, it can even cutdown the diamond

but in here, laser can’t even get through the thick skin? that dosn’t make sense

hope this can get change soon.

oh, and by the way, last time I just saw the NPC’s .22 bullet get bounce off by squirrel’s thick skin on 0.B, not sure if that happen on real life…

Actually, in real life its called specular reflection, and it is a very real danger when dealing with lasers. Now that being said, specular reflection is more likely with smooth surfaces and diffuse reflection (good) is more likely with rough surfaces. So a certain amount of it is … fictionalized, so to speak, but in as realistic a way as possible for a game of this sort. In real life, when I sell someone laser safety equipment, we try to make it black with a rough surface to minimize the risk of the laser beam bouncing around. But it does happen. I talk to idiot professors literally all day who do the stupidest things imaginable. I have had people with 50 kW lasers (about ~20 kW is enough to go through an engine block on a truck in a militarized fashion) ask me for Aluminum laser safety barriers, and I’ve had people using 1-2 kW pulsed lasers (still easily enough to cut through steel) ask me for cloth fabric to protect from them. Not to block specular reflections. To. Protect. From. Them. These are tenured professors at ivy league universities. (Hint: They are not Sheldon Cooper, Sheldon Cooper wouldn’t have the political connections to get that high up - the Sheldon Coopers I talk to are inevitably only -ever- grad students.)

http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/refln/Lesson-1/Specular-vs-Diffuse-Reflection

[quote=“secretfire, post:2, topic:9395”]Actually, in real life its called specular reflection, and it is a very real danger when dealing with lasers. Now that being said, specular reflection is more likely with smooth surfaces and diffuse reflection (good) is more likely with rough surfaces. So a certain amount of it is … fictionalized, so to speak, but in as realistic a way as possible for a game of this sort. In real life, when I sell someone laser safety equipment, we try to make it black with a rough surface to minimize the risk of the laser beam bouncing around. But it does happen. I talk to idiot professors literally all day who do the stupidest things imaginable. I have had people with 50 kW lasers (about ~20 kW is enough to go through an engine block on a truck in a militarized fashion) ask me for Aluminum laser safety barriers, and I’ve had people using 1-2 kW pulsed lasers (still easily enough to cut through steel) ask me for cloth fabric to protect from them. Not to block specular reflections. To. Protect. From. Them. These are tenured professors at ivy league universities. (Hint: They are not Sheldon Cooper, Sheldon Cooper wouldn’t have the political connections to get that high up - the Sheldon Coopers I talk to are inevitably only -ever- grad students.)

http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/refln/Lesson-1/Specular-vs-Diffuse-Reflection
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specular_reflection[/quote]

still can’t explanation how the laser get bounce off, I mean, they just a normal zombie, without any mirror stuff or something, they just wear some clothes that easily get burn off a hole, and the laser just can’t get through they skin, is just a skin, how hard can that be?

The message means the attack was not able to do any damage because of the target’s armor value. A better message for a laser would be something like, “the beam was unable to penetrate the monster’s hide”.
As for how effective the laser is, just because it’s weaponized doesn’t mean it’s powerful enough to cut through anything and everything, that part isn’t subject to change, just the message.