The deadliest killer of all, smoke

Hm... Anyway how about some kind of medical gear to help you breathe or erase the Smoke disease then? Could use it for the asthmatic trait as well, I guess. Oxygen tank and a breathing mask perhaps? Like something you'd find in the back of an ambulance, or how about a diver's oxygen tank and a regulator/scuba gear? In any case, a tank of oxygen could have simply wonderful uses as a weapon.

I absolutely love the idea.

Ah, thanks. That’ll help a lot with my volume troubles.

[quote=“Zireael, post:21, topic:2624”]

Hm… Anyway how about some kind of medical gear to help you breathe or erase the Smoke disease then? Could use it for the asthmatic trait as well, I guess. Oxygen tank and a breathing mask perhaps? Like something you’d find in the back of an ambulance, or how about a diver’s oxygen tank and a regulator/scuba gear?
In any case, a tank of oxygen could have simply wonderful uses as a weapon.

I absolutely love the idea.[/quote]

Possibly the inhaler? Not quite the same thing (I think it’s supposed to be a stimulant of some sort?) but it’d be nice to keep tool-clutter down.

We had a discussion with a nurse about treatment, and it seems the only treatment for smoke inhalation is an oxygen mask. Which is certainly a possibility, would supress coughing as long as you used it and give you a chance to recover.

Also there’s a pending fix that will almost certainly land tonight that does the right thing in limiting fire size based on either VERY large amounts of fuel, or on having several adjacent fires, so your typical isolated campfire will remain at the smallest level.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:24, topic:2624”]We had a discussion with a nurse about treatment, and it seems the only treatment for smoke inhalation is an oxygen mask. Which is certainly a possibility, would supress coughing as long as you used it and give you a chance to recover.

Also there’s a pending fix that will almost certainly land tonight that does the right thing in limiting fire size based on either VERY large amounts of fuel, or on having several adjacent fires, so your typical isolated campfire will remain at the smallest level.[/quote]

Quick question: does that mean they won’t burn for as long? personally I find it kind of a chore to make foods and such that require 30~90min over a fire, since no matter how much fuel I add it doesn’t seem to leave a fire left over.

As I understand it your fires will actually burn slightly longer, since when a fire upgrades in size it is automatically aged a little. (Though it does mean that larger things won’t burn without multiple fires together now, which makes sense).

So burning zombie corpses will be more difficult, then?