The complexity of this game has surpassed non-optional permadeath

This topic.
Pons Asinorum
sutor, ne ultra crepidam
Fuck you all, nothing changes. Everything stays the same. Gtaguy becomes a cynical asshole.
Pons Asinorum

I’m fairly new to this game, but from what I could gather thus far: the game ends when your character dies and only then. From that I could deduce that the goal in the game is to not die.

Why is an option to remove the only goal from the game being discussed? Or is there some other end goal already in the game or planned to be added?

Edit - I’m trying to play unspoiled, so no direct spoilers please.

[quote=“Stingray, post:182, topic:5464”]I’m fairly new to this game, but from what I could gather thus far: the game ends when your character dies and only then. From that I could deduce that the goal in the game is to not die.

Why is an option to remove the only goal from the game being discussed? Or is there some other end goal already in the game or planned to be added?

Edit - I’m trying to play unspoiled, so no direct spoilers please.[/quote]
Nope, it is, as you put it, the only goal and will always be the only goal (as written in the design document).

If people want to turn off permadeath they can, it can be an option. But by default the option should be off. Technically you can already remove permadeath by giving yourself super high starting stats, if you get killed with 20/20/20/20 starting stats youre a hopeless doofus.

Or someone had a shotgun/hunting rifle, or the turret nailed a good headshot. 144 HP only does so much for you.

You only die in this game making stupid choices.

Not once have I felt cheated in death. I ran into a wall with my truck and died. Should’ve had a seatbelt. Died because my gun wasn’t reloaded. Should’ve reloaded it earlier.

All of my deaths have happened because of complacency or my own actions. Turret headshots me? I wasn’t wearing a fucking helmet, didn’t go a night, didn’t have uncanny dodge on.