Suggestions For Fixing Swamps

Or we could statically spawn the swamp beasts, PLUS generation from spawning pools (up to cap). Can you imagine just a blanket of mosquitos over a whole region? Bliss.

I’d agree to a static if the creatures could be coaded to return to the swamp after chasing you out of region. Then at least you could deplete it with a vehicle to make a region liveable. I still think (from another post) that you should have swamps and triffids near your starting location.
EDIT: How well would teargas work in a swamp? :stuck_out_tongue: Industrial strength bug repellant? :stuck_out_tongue:
EDIT2: Actually GG, if we could make it so that the animals and insects don’t come out of the swamps so much my issue with the wouldn’t be so pronounced. Right now if you go anywhere near the swamps they spawn like crazy. If something could be done so they mainly stick to the swamps and one tile near it wouldn’t be so bad.

Protip: not everyone works in web design or can otherwise play at work.

Not everyone plays Hardcore, nor should they be expected to do so!

Maybe add a way to poison the whole swamp that prevents any more creatures from spawning there again, like we have with fungaloids and whatnot. If it’s going to be ‘spawning pools’, you should be able to pour a big bucket of pesticide into it and wipe them out, it’s not like the EPA is around to stop you. Something along that lines, just so you have an option to make a swamp safe if the player really, really wants to live there for some reason.

Speaking of which, there should maybe be more reason to go into swamps, right now all it has are things that kill you. Perhaps some sort of ‘end-game’ location should exclusively spawn there. In real life, swamps are one of the best places to be in a survival situation because there are so many delicious creatures wallowing about in the muck. I guess this is still true in the game assuming you are not eaten first.

Protip: not everyone works in web design or can otherwise play at work.

Not everyone plays Hardcore, nor should they be expected to do so![/quote]

Dark Souls. 'Nuff said

12 ton truck + 100+ mp/h + bridge + slugs & frogs and all these other creepy things on that bridge = awesome.

Lost a good char that way.

Would it be possible for some marshes to actually be brackish/salt water marshes? A source of salt/saltwater would be extremely useful and possibly even justify braving the dangers.

We need to hate swamps more. Giant mosquitos should give the player giant malaria.

I suggest adding giant beetles, with a hard carapace and high health they should be able to deflect small arms fire and be more difficult to run over than giant frogs and mosquitoes. Or at the very least wreck your ‘car’ a lot faster.
Maybe make them spawn only on swamp tiles, rather than spawn ‘near’ the swamp like the (horrible) swarms of mosquitoes.

I actually really like this idea. It provides danger to swamps, when combined with something that provides an incentive to go there gives a potential resource, and makes it still possible for a person to completely deplete a swamp with hard work.

I would probably change spawning pool dynamic spawning to be based on time instead of on sound though (sound spawning is nice for zombies and all, but it really doesn’t make too much sense in most scenarios though.