[SUGGESTION] Rebalancing and making reasonable (nerfing?) shockers

if the shocker has no reason to shoot lightning… how does the brute variant have one?

It’s huge and it has more CBMs. Also, they are rare and should keep being dangerous.

It would still be dangerous as its still a brute you can t meele with conductive weapons. Perhaps a constant stream of sparks would be even more hazardous then an arc every now n then.

How about making an evolved variant that can use an emp field discharging all your bionic energie.

Actually, that makes me wonder, are shockers or bio operators affected by EMP?

So instead of occasionally firing a targeted burst of electricity, it would emit small arcs into the environment around itself?
That sounds pretty reasonable.

No one ever heard of the http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfFun

Or quoting our greatest poet:

Sorry if i am harsh, but it’s my opinion.

[quote=“StopSignal, post:9, topic:8133”]No one ever heard of the http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfFun

Or quoting our greatest poet:

Sorry if i am harsh, but it’s my opinion.[/quote]
WHAT DID YOU DO?!
ITS TVTROPES.ORG!

Wilson, that was extremely unnecessary.

Edit: For the record, Wilson held down enter for about a solid minute. Or was it an image?

I’d suggest making that image a bit more tiny.

There was supposed to be an image, but it broke so… I fixed eet.

We have, and that’s why it’s cited in the design doc.

The Rule of Fun is not the MST3K Mantra though. I’m not sure how the shocker zed aims the bolt either. I could guess it had a finger-laser and that creates a more conductive path for the charge

BUT

civvies generally wouldn’t have finger lasers. So perhaps the brute might have one, being some other sort of mech-aug.

I’m OK with making generi-shockers emit an electric field.

Hmm. In this case, i have a countersuggestion: Make it target metalic stuff. I am pretty sure most late survivors have metal stuff. Science!

I feel like if we do this, we should add another range based zombie.

I do find the electrocannon effect rather odd for the shockers (especially as a malfuctioning random bionic.) I like

this as an addition as well. Though, I question if perhaps this might make shockers too weak? They’re already really easy to spot and pop in low light conditions. Perhaps if in exchange they weren’t lit up like a Christmas tree or so obvious until they activated their arc field in close quarters?

[quote=“Belteshazzar, post:17, topic:8133”]I do find the electrocannon effect rather odd for the shockers (especially as a malfuctioning random bionic.) I like

this as an addition as well. Though, I question if perhaps this might make shockers too weak? They’re already really easy to spot and pop in low light conditions. Perhaps if in exchange they weren’t lit up like a Christmas tree or so obvious until they activated their arc field in close quarters?[/quote]

Here I thought the arc field would be more or less constant. Electric critters glowing is a further incentive to have ranged-combat abilities–see 'em at night and twang.

[quote=“StopSignal, post:9, topic:8133”]Or quoting our greatest poet:

Sorry if i am harsh, but it’s my opinion.[/quote]

Your simply wrong with that … at least about my opinion. i am all for hard gameplay but i wouldn t want something implemented that makes no sense.
Its one reason why i liked the ops idea cause it made sense to me.

I mentioned this some wheres else I think; shockers being able to force-grab metallic weapons or objects from the player. Is it fun? I don’t know.

Then we should be able to hold on to our weapon and do an epic dive attack getting shocked but onehitting the fucker (Y)

Given that I can keep a hold of a weapon if I don’t release it during a throwing motion, the force needed to rip a knife from my hands would have to be greater than I could throw the knife with. I’d be surprisingly OK with that. And my favorite weapon to wield against a shocker brute would be a V12-engine.

Given that I can keep a hold of a weapon if I don’t release it during a throwing motion, the force needed to rip a knife from my hands would have to be greater than I could throw the knife with. I’d be surprisingly OK with that. And my favorite weapon to wield against a shocker brute would be a V12-engine.[/quote]oh gof, this just gave me an awesome terrible idea for a new zombie type.
Name: Scrap brute/Galvanic Golem/shocker hulk/Jabbershocky/does anyone have any better names?
Description: A huge roughly humanoid amalgation of magnetic junk lumbering with a heavy gait. Powerful pulses of electricity arc throughout it’s form, causing metal to cling to it.
Attributes: The same as shocker brute, except:
Higher health, and slightly higher armor. Mainly because you would be damaging it by chipping the metal bits away i nelieve.
Hits as hard as and can break walls like a normal hulk, should probably deal higher bash as well as added cut.
Has both lightning bolt attack AND ambient static discharge .
Moves slightly slower than player, faster than normal zombies.
Is killed by EMP
When killed, spill various damaged electronics and metal chunks pipes etc around it and spawn a low health shocker brute.