Suddenly… one arm?! Previous stable release SDL

Hello fellow survivors!

I’m playing the second most recent stable release. I’m away from my computer so I’m not positive what it’s called. Definitely SDL. Definitely stable.

My weapon of choice is a long bow, works great, except all of a sudden, I can’t wield it with one arm. I have not played around with any bionics, fuser blasters or the like. I do have a mutation in the slime family: spots, and poison resistant.

So, I was minding my own business when a Zombear crashes into my mansion. He rips my backpack (and my bra, but not my coat? Creep.) I kill him dead then go back to moving wood to board up windows. I drop my longbow to pick up a two by four, drop the two by four, then go to pick up my bow. I get the message cannot wield a longbow with only one arm?! I read back through my log to be sure he didn’t rip my arm off while he was trying to cop a feel. As far as I can tell by having full health, no bleeding and a pain level of 2, he didn’t. I’m fine. Save and quit. Restart. Same thing.

I’m devastated. Help! (Please and thank you)

If you’re playing 0.A, we’re really not interested in bug reports, since that was back in March.

Gonna advise you to update and see if it recurs.

Can I download 0.A somewhere? I’m regretting deleting it after finding out that software graphics rendering was broken at some subsequent point.

Have you tried turning software rendering both off and on? Most things codeside are still identical to .A, so nothing should have broken in both options AFAIK. Alternatively you can post a github or garage issue with the actual specs of your computer and what your options settings are so that we could, you know, fix the problem.

Cool. I’ll try that. Thanks for your time. :slight_smile:

Have you tried turning software rendering both off and on? Most things codeside are still identical to .A, so nothing should have broken in both options AFAIK. Alternatively you can post a github or garage issue with the actual specs of your computer and what your options settings are so that we could, you know, fix the problem.[/quote]

It’s a couple threads down. Or was. Posting more details.

Heheh, my char suddenly got HNV as opposed to NV when I migrated from experimentals to 0.B. Not complaining lol