Subway as transportation network or base?

It’s true, I have used them a few times during the winter when my stores were going a bit low, I do a long trip in the subway/sewers and afterwards I find a salt water source which in turn gave me a lot of food.

Meat/Jerk jerky is my best friend during the winter

(My seasons are 90 days long, makes winter more fun to play.)

It’s true, I have used them a few times during the winter when my stores were going a bit low, I do a long trip in the subway/sewers and afterwards I find a salt water source which in turn gave me a lot of food.

(My seasons are 90 days long, makes winter more fun to play.)[/quote]

Meh, I find it more effective to stop by an anthill in winter, fill a cargo-space-cart with ant meat, then go to the nearest swamp (being winter, it’s usually empty) and jerkify all the meat. That, or save up charcoal and smoke it all - that’s actually a good bit faster and produces a better product.

Meh, I find it more effective to stop by an anthill in winter, fill a cargo-space-cart with ant meat, then go to the nearest swamp (being winter, it’s usually empty) and jerkify all the meat. That, or save up charcoal and smoke it all - that’s actually a good bit faster and produces a better product.[/quote]

without lucky or unlucky spawn (depends of someone point of wiew) getting to anthill without some sort of good vehicle (probaly electric luxury sport rv) its hard to find ant hill

Meh, I find it more effective to stop by an anthill in winter, fill a cargo-space-cart with ant meat, then go to the nearest swamp (being winter, it’s usually empty) and jerkify all the meat. That, or save up charcoal and smoke it all - that’s actually a good bit faster and produces a better product.[/quote]

without lucky or unlucky spawn (depends of someone point of wiew) getting to anthill without some sort of good vehicle (probaly electric luxury sport rv) its hard to find ant hill[/quote]

luckily enough, my cabin spawned near a gas station where there was a battered electric SUV
Fixed it up and modified it a bit, sometimes use it for food or city raiding trips.

[quote=“Rot, post:14, topic:10663”]Really the subways last time I went in are just massive tunnels.

I want hubs, stops, etc. The subway system should basically be a city beneath a city.

Make my Metro dream true.[/quote]
I would also like to see the subways get some love. wrecked subway trains and stuff. Underground store fronts for travelers going to and from different subway stations.

I would also like to see the subways get some love. wrecked subway trains and stuff. Underground store fronts for travelers going to and from different subway stations.

ah. The tough love of the apocalypse, poor subway had all most of its users killed inside its very walls, and got shredded to bits, such a shame to mistreat the subway so. But accurate is accurate. Shred it to pieces! Also I’d like to see some rubble ramps, both from collapsed buildings/floors, and from subway places where walls broke and the tunnel lost support and collapsed or subway cars crashed and broke through the roof/ground and made a hole from surface to subway. Seems like that would be cool.

Maybe make a new readable map that reveals the subway lines?

This so much.

The underground stores/subway trains/pavement/whatever are just brilliant ideas. Some subways IRL are basically an underground city…

Adding subway wrecked subway cars would be pretty easy. would give a bit of flavour, but would they be common or uncommon and what general size? i.e single wrecked car or 3-4 map tile pileup? Unless we add loads of different types of wrecked cars it could end up as a goldmine.

Might need a vehicle version as well though-- but we’d have to lock the movement of it to the track and I’m not sure how to go about doing that. Maybe a new wheel type that can only run on the rails? turning corners is probably gonna be a PITA.

I know power is generally out and subways usually run on electricity but I think workable trams/subways would be fun. Maybe you could use an aux diesel generator or something to get it moving again.

As to a subway map… subway stations usually have the lines printed on a signpost somewhere.
They’re not to scale, but you can get a general idea of where you’re heading.

Sounds feasible… At least until you start smacking into albino penguins.

yea… that will be the end to the cataclysm as we know it.