Static NPCs vs Random NPCs

Me too. I used to play with static NPC’s on, but my bi-world character crashes the game when he gets near them.

Static on, random off, since randoms can spawn in really weird places.

I like playing with both off, because of that “Last man/woman/moth-thing on earth” feeling it gives. However, I am tempted to at least put Static NPCs on for a game or two, to see what happens with them.

Both on.
I like them charging single-handedly at zombie mobs… and dying not to soon so I can easily pick off the remaining zeds. It’s a shame they don’t smash the corpses.

static on

random sometimes when playing in 16 size city its like rogue survivor but with tank bots instead of black ops and more complex/better gameplay

[quote=“Arek_PL, post:25, topic:7799”]static on

random sometimes when playing in 16 size city its like rogue survivor but with tank bots instead of black ops and more complex/better gameplay[/quote]RS is da bomb, it just needs certain additional features and I would play it regularly.

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:26, topic:7799”][quote=“Arek_PL, post:25, topic:7799”]static on

random sometimes when playing in 16 size city its like rogue survivor but with tank bots instead of black ops and more complex/better gameplay[/quote]RS is da bomb, i just needs certain additional features and I would play it regularly.[/quote]

It’s really really good. If i compare it to Cataclysm, i need to say that is more chaotical, gory and serious. It painted really weird images in my head! I can’t help saying that it actually scared me, a lot of the times. First time with the ax-crazy, the music at the abandoned, blood stained hospital, the nightmare sound, the feeling of despair and sadness.

However, it feels a lot more arcadey, and I was really bothered about how apartment buildings were connected by doors in the inside, how many weapon shops were there, and sometimes it was too easy.

My main beef with RS was that even with maxed out extra inventory slots you more or less had to choose between staying fed or staying armed. Worn armor and clothing and equipped weapons and equipment really shouldn’t have taken inventory slots; the inventory system overall needed a major overhaul.

I always thought that that was part of the strategies that you had to make?

Yes and no. Sure, you have to prioritize some things over others, but seriously, I’m pretty sure that if the Shit Hit The Fan I would WEAR that armored vest I just picked up off a corpse, instead of just carrying it. And I would fashion a sling for the rifle, a holster for the pistol, and a sheath for the knife. I’d load up my pockets with ammo, and grab a backpack, purse, sports bag, etc. and fill it with food and meds.

The whole inventory system in RS needed to be deepened.

That’s the aradey thing. I don’t know, I liked it. Tough desicions which would kill you if wrong. You could be a bad as a survivor with armor and an axe or the runner with no armer and rifles. That while trying to eat.

i hated that inventory too and hospital was realy good place everytime it was most fun place to wist both at start and end game only char basement was more challenging (being in crossfire of security and zombies or meeting powerfull mutants)

My problem with random NPCs is the fact that they love using their loud weapons to shoot critters near my base which always drives the horde to my base and force me to play on the run early game. One time I was wandering through town during the day when and NPC started shooting. I look at my map and nearly every tile around me was covered in that Z horde mark. The horde had me surrounded and all I could do is wait as they closed in for the kill.

1 time i saw a horde

it was only zombie and boomer (2 zombies)

I play with both npc options on. I haven’t found a npc camp yet, but the random schmucks walking about is great for atmosphere and entertaining moments.

1. Grab a shotgun, a melee weapon and a stylish trench coat to hide your shotgun under.

2. Find robber.

3. Drop melee weapon on demand and wait as they get closer.

4. When they are right in your face, state " Say hello to my little friend. " as you pull out your shotgun and blast them point blank.

I’ve been robbed a couple times, or at least they tried to rob me. I threw down my makeshift crowbar and then they started taking my stuff… After the fourth item I had had enough. (a)ctivate the holster, blast them point blank with my USP 45.

Got my stuff back :wink:

[quote=“Loendal, post:36, topic:7799”]I’ve been robbed a couple times, or at least they tried to rob me. I threw down my makeshift crowbar and then they started taking my stuff… After the fourth item I had had enough. (a)ctivate the holster, blast them point blank with my USP 45.

Got my stuff back ;)[/quote]

You don’t have to (a)ctivate the holster. You can just (f)ire, your weapon will automatically be drawn. Yay shortcuts!

You do if you have a bow in your hands…

I’ve accidentally spammed B through an NPC convo who just ran up on me out of nowhere and then I quickly realized that he was robbing me and that he had me drop my diamond katana, but before he could pick it up or before I noticed, I made him drop HIS weapon, which was a CBM, started punching him, noticed I was punching him, then noticed my katana a few tiles away. Needless to say I wasn’t happy so I chopped him up into little bits.

[quote=“Rhodri, post:37, topic:7799”][quote=“Loendal, post:36, topic:7799”]I’ve been robbed a couple times, or at least they tried to rob me. I threw down my makeshift crowbar and then they started taking my stuff… After the fourth item I had had enough. (a)ctivate the holster, blast them point blank with my USP 45.

Got my stuff back ;)[/quote]

You don’t have to (a)ctivate the holster. You can just (f)ire, your weapon will automatically be drawn. Yay shortcuts![/quote]

However, sheathing your knife that you use to cut up fabrics and whatnot is a big pain. Is there a way to cut up stuff without unsheathing it, cutting, sheathing then reequipping my weapon?