Something wrong with current experimental download

i’m trying to download the current experimental from the wiki but when i click on the file to open it it says it’s invalid.

i’m using google chrome on windows 8, and i’ve never had this issue before.

http://en.cataclysmdda.com/ try the download link from the main site? (tested it, it works fine for me)

it’s not working either :frowning:

EDIT: i tried DLing the stable version and it worked fine so i don’t think it’s my computer not allowing me to download stuff, it must be the server or something.

It usually takes me a dozen or so downloads of each new Experimental release before I get one that isn’t corrupted and I can actually use it. Are you getting “Unexpected End of Archive” errors like I am, or something different?

I assumed it was just an internet issue somewhere. I mean, its a long way to Romania (The .ro).

Edit This one was especially bad. It took me 37 downloads of the 342 experimental to finally get a non-corrupted one.

ok it’s working now i guess i just had to wait for another experimental.

If it ever ends up working it’'s a download corruption issue. Maybe we should have a hash of the download on the site so you can check if it’s been corrupted.

Chrome is not the best browser around.

Get yourself Firefox or Waterfox and slap “DowmThemAll!” on it.
I never get corrupted downloads with it.

[quote=“ChristopherWalken, post:7, topic:4462”]Chrome is not the best browser around.

Get yourself Firefox or Waterfox and slap “DowmThemAll!” on it.
I never get corrupted downloads with it.[/quote]

BTW, thanks for this post. I used to have DownThemAll (or something very similar) WAY back years ago and never used it much so didn’t get a fresh copy when I got a new PC. Getting it totally fixed my issue with corrupt downloads from the .ro site.