So dodging is bad now?

I haven’t. My last character was after this change, preferred melee, and did quite well… lasted a couple weeks, fought some pretty tough fights, died to an armed NPC and my own errors.

There is no “need” here. There is possibly a relevant argument somewhere deep in here about how better to model tracking multiple enemies and attacks (something Kevin’s actually working on), but mostly, the only way I can see this being such a problem for you is if you only know one way to play and cannot accept any change to it. Otherwise, it’s not at all difficult to make a survivable character that isn’t exclusively reliant on dodge, and pick up some martial skills as you progress. Your recurrent hyperbole is absolutely guaranteeing that nobody making decisions on this is going to pay attention to your concerns.

@Unstable - you make some good points that have come up in discussing this before, many of which we plan to add… Also, you clearly have martial arts training and therefore would likely have multiple dodges per turn in game.

It’s possibly worth going through and making sure more of the martial arts grant extra dodges, or adding a system where a high melee combat skill grants an extra dodge. I suspect though that all that stuff will get rolled into a better on the fly threat assessment ai.