Skill rust explanation

The skill rust description in-game doesn’t really explain well what each option does, I keep it on by default but I’m dying to know what the other options are?

Capped, Int, and Intcap.

Default - your skill level slowly falls.
Capped - same as above, but it wont fall lower than 2
Int - same as first, but speed of skillrust depends on INT. INT lower - skills degrading faster.
Capped int - same as second, but it wont fall lower than 2

Not quite right, though very close. Correct definitions is this:
Default - your skill level slowly falls.
Capped - same as above, but it won’t fall lower than whatever its current level is
Int - same as first, but speed of skill rust depends on INT. INT higher - skills degrading slower.
Capped int - same as second, but it won’t fall lower than whatever its current level is

Really the system as a whole is fairly broken, and we’ve got an eventual rewrite pretty much planned out (it just needs to be implemented). For now I suggest capped int if you want to play with skill rust, it is probably the closest you will get to a balanced thing under the current system.

Does the skill in the capped versions of skill rust keep falling below 0% skill though infinently? I’ve had problems with capped skillrust where a skill would fall to like -100% or lower, and at level 7 in most skills that could pretty much kill skill gain entirely for that skill.

I’m pretty sure it just hits zero and stops.

Thanks for the replies. But I think I’ll keep playing with skill rust on default. It’s the way I like it, offers more challenge.