Several items name, crafting recipes and categories suggestions

1. At the moment we have two type of honey - regular and candied versions. But they both named just “honey”. I thing we should rename candied version to “candied honey” to clarification. So one will not be confused when he sees recipe for boring sandwich, for example: “Components required: … 1 honey OR 1 honey …”

2. I suggest to remove “cooked strawberry” and “cooked blueberry” recipes, because we already have “cooked fruit” recipe with strawberries and blueberries in required components.

3. Add strawberry and blueberry as required components in “fruit jam” recipe and delete “strawberry jam” and “blueberry jam” recipes for consistency.

4. Carry radio pipe bomb and radio dynamite from Electrical -> Tools to Weapons -> Explosive as they are weapons after all, not tools.

5. Carry rechargeable battery mod and atomic battery mod from Electrical -> Parts to Electrical -> Components for consistency, as extra battery mod is already in Components.

[quote=“Valiant, post:1, topic:9096”]1) At the moment we have two type of honey - regular and candied versions. But they both named just “honey”. I thing we should rename candied version to “candied honey” to clarification. So one will not be confused when he sees recipe for boring sandwich, for example: “Components required: … 1 honey OR 1 honey …”

1. I suggest to remove “cooked strawberry” and “cooked blueberry” recipes, because we already have “cooked fruit” recipe with strawberries and blueberries in required components.

2. Add strawberry and blueberry as required components in “fruit jam” recipe and delete “strawberry jam” and “blueberry jam” recipes for consistency.

3. Carry radio pipe bomb and radio dynamite from Electrical -> Tools to Weapons -> Explosive as they are weapons after all, not tools.

4. Carry rechargeable battery mod and atomic battery mod from Electrical -> Parts to Electrical -> Components for consistency, as extra battery mod is already in Components.[/quote]

4 is a question of (ab)use of the item; miners routinely use remotely detonated explosives, as do demolitionists, etc. Pros don’t use time/burning fuses, as a rule: positive control is the way to go.

Rest of 'em, not disagreeing but most of 'em seem minor, so not a major priority.

I PR’ed question 1 through 3.

Hope I done it right and didn’t screw something up.

As this menu is displayed to the player I think the distinction should be based on how survivors use the items, not the original intent. If you intend for remote detonation devices to be tools for digging out bases and caves, then tools make sense, but if the intent is for them to blow up hordes or tough mobs like tank bots, then they’re weapons.

I agree with zero on this one. People aren’t going to think of explosives as tools, especially since they are not implemented to be useable like that (at least not to my knowledge but I haven’t messed with them yet)

If you can’t blast open caverns with explosives, we’re doing explosives wrong. Possibly having to craft 'em into a sealed-pack version that has a smaller but stronger blast, mayhap, but dynamite should be capable of digging faster than the jackhammer.

Jackhammer is ridiculously efficient - 10 gas and about a minute of work per square. It’s even worse in case of electric jackhammer which only uses 10 batteries (10 gasoline + car alternator could generate far more than that).

So the answer is… no dynamite is not implemented as a mining tool (yet) but we have plans to?

If you can't blast open caverns with explosives, we're doing explosives wrong. Possibly having to craft 'em into a sealed-pack version that has a smaller but stronger blast, mayhap, but dynamite should be capable of digging faster than the jackhammer.
According to my knowledge of this part of the code there is no way (currently) to do something like that because you can only set "power" of explosion (which also sets radius).

int radius = int(sqrt(double(power / 4)));
int dam = rng(power / 2, power * 2);

So yeah. One argument sets both of these. Adding another argument “radius” would require to rewrite everything explosive, but it can be bypassed by creating something like “coeff” var which sets the ratio between power and radius (or dam) and set it by default to 1 (therefore “power” is used for “radius” and “dam” equally). I don’t really remember if that’s possible to do that in C, though (optional argument it’s called, I guess).

Jackhammer is ridiculously efficient - 10 gas and about a minute of work per square. It’s even worse in case of electric jackhammer which only uses 10 batteries (10 gasoline + car alternator could generate far more than that).[/quote]

Known problem. Should be perhaps 10-30 min to jackhammer IMO.