Setting up a base

maybe in older versions, now zombies can smash walls and its far easier to break wall than door

Never mind, I died again. I had an infection in my left leg which killed me while I was reading a book by the fire. I am so good at dying in this game! Although I’m sure I’m learning a little bit more each time. I guess I should have driven to a hospital to try to cure the infection. Ah well, I always enjoy starting a new game with a new world.

Speaking of which, how does it work if you have the “Delete World” option off, and keep the world across multiple characters? I guess that your next character would start in the same shelter, and everything that happened would still be in effect eg dead zombies, crafted things etc? And would the same amount of the map be revealed, or would it start again from scratch? I’ve always set the world to delete when dying, but I guess it would introduce a new dynamic going through multiple characters in the same world?

maybe in older versions, now zombies can smash walls and its far easier to break wall than door
What? Do walls have HP or something now? As far as I know only hulks and brutes and some nether creatures are able to break through walls.

[quote=“EditorRUS, post:23, topic:11543”]

What? Do walls have HP or something now? As far as I know only hulks and brutes and some nether creatures are able to break through walls.[/quote]
its realy hard for zombies to break it but large groups with brutes or strong zombies can destroy wall, it takes a lot of time but is fast enought to ambush hard sleeping character

World just stay as you left it. Next character can appear in the same place where the previous one spawned, but he also can appear somewhere else. You will be able to see only those parts of map that you current character revealed (because that’s make sense). Everything that was killed, crafted or destroyed will stay as it was when your previous character left the game. Once my @ died in a truck explosion and next guy found this burning vehicle.
You can even play two or more characters at once.

You and zeds can smash walls until the crash, but this is much easier when you got a sledgehammer. My character with 8 strength need to hit about 10 times with a sledgehammer to destroy wall. Just don’t do it when you’re inside the building.

its realy hard for zombies to break it but large groups with brutes or strong zombies can destroy wall, it takes a lot of time but is fast enought to ambush hard sleeping character
You and zeds can smash walls until the crash, but this is much easier when you got a sledgehammer.
So basically it's sort of a smooth curve of probability now? Even 4 STR character is capable of bringing down a wall albeit it will take a couple of thousands hits to get one successful roll and the more strength you have, the more the probability is, right?

Well, not bad then.

my understanding of it is

• that futnitue and terrain have a minstr and maxstr range.
    -Bashers attacks adjacent to the item have a 1-1 conversion from damage to str for bashing purposes.
    -if you can do more melee damage than the min str (idk how cutty stabby damage plays into this) you have a chance to destroy the item.
    -group bashers divide their distance from the item into their attacks, doing reduced damage but adding to the chance of success
    -destroyers like the hulk do 2.5x damage. borers like the mining robot do 50x
    -maxstr guarenttes item destruction if you hit it.