Set your country?

Would it be possible, at a much later stage of development to choose what country you start in. When first implemented I would only change temp differences but later in development change spawn rates and types of creatures.

Could this be implemented?

Thoughts?

Well, depending on how development goes that could be a profound difference: Cata is supposed to be set in the US’ New England (Massachusetts, etc) region. I’ll agree that it’s not obvious to the average player, though–truth be told, I’m not sure where I first heard it.

I also only heard that it was set in New England from the Forums! However, I think not placing it anywhere specific and having a random (or possibly selectable) ‘biome’ would be a really interesting development now that temperature is implemented. It could also have an impact on the type of vegetation and buildings available (although this could come much later). Even further on it’s nice to imagine a time when it would be possible to travel between biomes!

More ideas that can come out of country selection include stuff such as building occurance (US has a ton of gun and alcohol, or Kyoto has a lot of electronic stores, etc) Or if you are getting really fancy there can be varying road patterns, but that is probably unnessesary.

(GASP) How dare you defy NEW ENGLAND.

That’d be kinda awesome. Here in Aus gun stores are pretty rare and automatic weapons aren’t available in them, which would make for a very different play style.

Then there’s the dropbears…

To be honest, the way the landscape is set up… it looks more like texas, with the swamps, plains, and forest.

That’d be kinda awesome. Here in Aus gun stores are pretty rare and automatic weapons aren’t available in them, which would make for a very different play style.

Then there’s the dropbears…[/quote]
We need more Australian animals in Cataclysm.

We need more Australian animals in Cataclysm.[/quote]
No.

We need more Australian animals in Cataclysm.[/quote]
No.[/quote]
backhand
Wash out your filthy mouth!

Dropbears would be great, a chance to be attacked by one every time you go near a tree.

Also, Vegemite needs to be added so you can (a)pply it to your clothes to stop from being killed.

Genius, fellow aus here and I reckon that mutated Koala would make great drop bears. Australia of course has to be the hardest with low amounts of guns and high amounts of killing animals, snakes, spiders and crocodile just to name a few. but to “Otaku” the differnet roads i agree,are unnessesary but the building occurence is a great idea!