Scaling Difficulty Option

I think it would be really fun for a new option to be added:
Scaling Zombies : It can be changed from 1 (Default) to 2 in increments of 0.01.
This option allows more zombies to spawn daily, for example:
The option is set to 1.5 (Quite high)
Day 1: 10 zombies spawn.
Day 2: 15 zombies spawn.
Day 3: 22.5 zombies spawn.
And so on…
When done in low increments such as 1.1, it would give the player a good amount of time to build a strong base and defenses before the later days when zombies come and it would be a lot different from defense mode as you could hop around buildings and do plenty of other things.

I’d rather that difficulty increase the further the player gets from the evac shelter, and that the game actively encourages a nomadic lifestyle.
By giving things a JSON defined minimum difficulty for spawn we can smear out content like high level bionics, plutonium cells, certain map features or high-power weapons over a longer game. Rather than being able to find all content in Cata in the same 15km radius.

[/mytwocents]

Scaling zombies? I like the idea.

Pretty sure (don’t quote me on this) that the final plan for difficulty curve is a large population of regular zeds that slowly mutate into more powerful forms (specials like shockers, spitters, brutes and hulks) as time passes. So the first city you raid will be a relatively simple matter, but later in the game attacking a city will be more complicated, as you’ll have to contend with foes that can attack from a range, do more damage, etc.

Play the experimental with hordes switched on. You can get powerful enough to just fight off a horde, but it’s not worth the time and your shelter (and armour) is likely to get trashed in the process.

I think we should have it like that other survival game wich its game i forgot. That was really cool and npcs usually killed you fast while you tried to go to a city. And that you appeared in some kind of lab with a werewolf. That game.

In that game, if you go to the city, the difficulty would start to be higher, but so would the loot…

Neoscavenger.

That’s it.

Play the experimental with hordes switched on. You can get powerful enough to just fight off a horde, but it’s not worth the time and your shelter (and armour) is likely to get trashed in the process.[/quote]
Hang on, You don’t make a base and hold it off against hordes of zombies?
Just what type of zombie slayer are you?
(Super Amazing Hint For Bases)
The bigger the beer making industry, the more dwarfy you are!

Play the experimental with hordes switched on. You can get powerful enough to just fight off a horde, but it’s not worth the time and your shelter (and armour) is likely to get trashed in the process.[/quote]
Hang on, You don’t make a base and hold it off against hordes of zombies?
Just what type of zombie slayer are you?
(Super Amazing Hint For Bases)
The bigger the beer making industry, the more dwarfy you are![/quote]

I prefer to think of myself as a roving transhumanist.