Reverting zombies to human

I wouldn’t say I’d never do it if it was available. An ex-zombie Hulk would be a nifty ally. It’d probably be in incredible existential pain and incapable of conscious thought, but, hey, it’s just there to carry luggage and open (make) doors.

Wait… whoop… an interesting topic. :slight_smile:

Whoop whoop! :smiley:

First of all, Zombies Aren’t The Same Species As Humans.
You’re allowed to think they are, as you’re allowed to smash your head onto a boulder that has a cavemouth drawing on it. Yes, you’re gonna have a headache if you let a zombie bite you, and you’ll feel stupid afterwards.
The idea of a parasite exausting its host to its death and after goes millions and millions of years back, which is one of the bigger reasons for our extensive genetic code and such a finesse to our immune system’s definition. Nerd /off, really - you shouldn’t be able to revert the state so to say, meaning your friendly scientist stops being a zombie all of a sudden. Dead tissue, or dying tissue decomposes pretty rapidly if it lacks purpose (organism). This way, an animated carcass is a part of a blob, an ethereal lifeform that will never say “Hello!” to you passing by. It will evolve and adapt, but its mutations have nothing to do with floral or animal mutations. And until the blob ‘drops’ the host, it cannot be reinvited into life with natural processes; it cannot tap the soil, enrich plantlife, release oxygen, multiply and develop offspring, or otherwise enter the Circle of Life. Fungal lifeforms are different because they’re much more uniform and, in essence, have very little variety - fungus is a truly simple organism that requires an abundance of relatively simple nutrients to bloom and increase population. Having something “fungal” refers to entaglement with something really “exterior”, very basic, limited and shallow - so the blob cannot live with it, but it can’t get rid of it neither. I like to think about Fungal Zombies as “Fungal Coated” undead specimens.

If you could re-engeneer the blob to do anything else than what it does during the cataclysm, the result would certainly be much, much different compared to human anatomy and its role in the current ecosystem.

You should probably have read more of the thread before you posted. We’re talking about the possibility of “bringing back” a person who has been zombified by removing the blob within them… not by trying to make the blob be friends with us.

Also, you’re a bit late to the party. It’s pretty much been established that even if it is possible, the results would be far from perfect, and the person you once knew is probably gone the moment they become a zombie.

yyeeeah… I kinda read what you (O) posted, and I didn’t really think to disagree or take a side in the debate anyways - and then you drop by, letting me know you “stamped” another post in the discourse, which smells of “workaround” to me as I look at it now…
Well, thank you!
I still have to play an exclusion game, simply 'cuz we have a realism (survivalism) fixture over a fantasy setting. See, you have to exclude every divination from the equasion. I’m pointing this out because, the way this (CataDDA) works for now, a shaman is pretty much an obsolete class when it comes to dealing with the undead - and the blob is to blame yet again. In fact, you can eliminate every magic doctrine except some necromancy and a lot of elements. I believe these stand in 20-80 span, and will remain so in a world I imagine being a successor to the cataclysm.
The abovementioned could form (if you wanted) a powerflux that yields no mortal nor foe, and such a (super)natural event may be an invite for a being delicate enough to kill the blob, revive and regenerate (rg_other) a single being of human origin.

Looking at what we have in game already, the first thing that comes up to mind is an artefact powerful enough to generate a mana vortex, that should host a powerflux, that… etc etc.

I hope there are no misconceptions now. :slight_smile:

OMG, the supposedly dangerous zombies are already a joke, now some people want them turn back into a human? It should be an end of the world game! What next, Garden of Eden Creation Kit? :([/quote]
“It’s the end of the world, now you can make a new one!”
Still sounds fun to me

OMG, the supposedly dangerous zombies are already a joke, now some people want them turn back into a human? It should be an end of the world game! What next, Garden of Eden Creation Kit? :([/quote]
“It’s the end of the world, now you can make a new one!”
Still sounds fun to me[/quote]

DDA is many things, but grimdark ain’t an intended one. Endgame is at least attempting to make life better for you and/or yours. You can’t bring back pre-Cataclysm life, but you needn’t Just Die.