Research Photography

After reading BorkBorkGoesTheCode’s post in the ‘Needful things’ thread I found this topic here. And I have some ideas to expand a little.

As a analog photographer I would be very pleased to have analog cameras in game. But with that comes the whole development of films you need bevor getting a final picture. I don’t see this as a disadvantage. There is chemistry in the game and with little enhancement a darkroom is possible. Thinking further you could craft a development bundle like the toolbelt and it needs to bee dark to craft which should be possible I think.
In addition to that lets include polaroids as well. Much easier and quicker, but very rare these days.

Beside usage in a scientific way, I got some other situations in mind where photos could be a thing:

[ul][li]As a simple quest item. Like: “Go kill the Jabberwock but take a picture from its corpse - I don’t trust you” Or: "I don’t know if my beloved has turned to a zombey, could you take this picture and look in the hospital if he/she is still alive?[/li]
[li]Maybe a photo can be used in the way of a book. You find a detailed picture of some construktion → This picture shows a wheelbarrow. With a mimimum level of 2 in mechanics you are able to learn the recipe “wheelbarrow”. After inceasing the skill some books have recipies left. If you don’t have the required level to learn these it might be better to take photos from the recipies and have them on your SD-card instead of carrying the heavy book[/li]
[li]Look at some holyday pictures for moral boost[/li]
[li]Using of tele-objectives will give you the same sight as the binoculars [/li]
[li]… [/li][/ul]

If someone wants to play around with photographics in a mod, I would offer my help!