Reproducable CTD: Burning sinew

Dropping a stack of Sinew onto a brazier fire (or possibly any fire) reliably causes a CTD. I’m using the pre-compiled Windows version from the downloads page.

Hmm, dropping 20 sinew onto a small fire (started on a paper wrapper) didn’t have any issues, using a Git build from last night, under Linux.

I’ll see if I can test brazier fires, although that requires me finding materials for a brazier.

What does CTD stand for?

googles

Apparently, “crash to desktop”. Looks like I was correct in guessing that it’s roughly the same as a segfault.

It’s the Windows equivalent of segfaulting, yeah.
And this is probably due to Kevin’s ammosplosion stuff, shall look into it.

Ammosplosion? I didn’t know about that. :slight_smile: But my character did “heard an explosion to the north!” when doing this, so you’re probably right.

I’m not sure whether it was in the 0.4 release or not, but ammo will now explode when it catches fire, rather than just bursting into flames.

It’s bound to be some weirdness due to it being ammo anyways.

I’ve had this problem too. It sometimes tells me there’s an explosion, and if I ignore it it always crashes.

[size=14pt]Nails are ammo holy shit! Houses should be exploding now![/size]

[quote=“Soron, post:4, topic:869”]googles

Apparently, “crash to desktop”. Looks like I was correct in guessing that it’s roughly the same as a segfault.[/quote]

[quote=“The Darkling Wolf, post:5, topic:869”]It’s the Windows equivalent of segfaulting, yeah.
And this is probably due to Kevin’s ammosplosion stuff, shall look into it.[/quote]

Okay, yea, thank you. I wouldn’t have guessed that CTD actually stood for something that simple. My bad.