Recoil dependent on strength stat

The stronger you are the easier it is to keep a gun under control. There should be a difference in perceived recoil at different strength levels like perception affects accuracy. With 4 strength you just couldn’t hit anything reliably after 2 5.56 rounds, but with 18 you could empty the whole magazine without stopping and keep hitting the target.

Strength and weapon skill both reduce recoil, but I’m very skeptical of “with 18 you could empty the whole magazine without stopping and keep hitting the target.” being a remotely reasonable goal.

It does make it weird that my 68 strength character could rapid fire ballista bolts and not flinch.

I'm very skeptical of "with 18 you could empty the whole magazine without stopping and keep hitting the target." being a remotely reasonable goal.
It could be hideously unbalanced early game with strength enhancers, especially in the scenarios giving you access to assault rifles.

What file are gun mechanics defined in?

There’s no one file, most of the calculations happen in ranged.cpp, but a lot of pre-calculation like “gun_recoil()” happens in item.cpp.

The thing with recoil is that your muscle can not react fast enough when rapid firing. So it will dance arround a bit even if your rediculessly strong.
Ofc theres the problem with ranged accuracy and gamebalance as well.
If it would be realistic then with a good gun we should be able to deliver headshots outside the reality bubble no problem.

I would support realism anyway even if it breaks balance ofc :3.

[quote=“Valpo, post:6, topic:9923”]The thing with recoil is that your muscle can not react fast enough when rapid firing. So it will dance arround a bit even if your rediculessly strong.
Ofc theres the problem with ranged accuracy and gamebalance as well.
If it would be realistic then with a good gun we should be able to deliver headshots outside the reality bubble no problem.

I would support realism anyway even if it breaks balance ofc :3.[/quote]

Yeah, i agree. I found it very weird that with marksmanship 9 and rifles 8 (and 10 dexterity and 10 perception, if it matters) i needed 3 or 4 shots to hit a zombie less than 15 tiles away from a mounted rifle (the big bad ass .50 one, i forgot what it’s called).