Realistic damage

I’m thinking that it would be more realistic if you just randomly every now and then cause yourself a small amount of damage while performing some task, and if performing tasks took longer(or were impossible) with injuries.

While butchering, there should be a small chance to accidentally slip and cut yourself (with the chance inversely proportionate to the butchering level of your tool and your survival/cutting levels), or to stumble and whang your knee. etc, the chances should be increased depending on your current damage levels.

in addition to all that, i feel like trying to do things like tailoring with massive trauma to any part of your body( but in particular your arms) should take 2 to 3 times as long.

if you had just been opened up on by a turret in RL, you wouldn’t just go hone, slap on some bandages and start sewing up the holes in your trenchcoat like nothing had happened.

One last idea is that scarring and permanent damage should be a thing. if you get your arm crippled, you should suffer a permanent dexterity or strength loss. or perhaps random flareups of pain from ‘your old ________ injury’ which causes pain at a minimum.

A big “no” here from me.

Broken limbs are already stupidly long-term damage.

A big “no” here from me.

Broken limbs are already stupidly long-term damage.[/quote]

Alright, maybe not that one, but I stand by the rest of it

[quote=“CosmicKobal, post:1, topic:10414”]I’m thinking that it would be more realistic if you just randomly every now and then cause yourself a small amount of damage while performing some task,

While butchering, there should be a small chance to accidentally slip and cut yourself (with the chance inversely proportionate to the butchering level of your tool and your survival/cutting levels), or to stumble and whang your knee. etc, the chances should be increased depending on your current damage levels.[/quote]
If realistic, these would be inconsequential, an occasional nick, bruise, or scrape isn’t going to slow you down enough to notice.

[quote=“CosmicKobal, post:1, topic:10414”]and if performing tasks took longer(or were impossible) with injuries.

in addition to all that, i feel like trying to do things like tailoring with massive trauma to any part of your body( but in particular your arms) should take 2 to 3 times as long.[/quote]
Yea that’s fairly reasonable, that’s supposed to be handled by pain, but it doesn’t do an amazing job of it.

And this could go further. When it’s raining and you are running, chance of falling. If you are blown up, you may lose a limb. Personally, I want the possible story of a man being blown up, surviving with one arm, and no legs, and with his trusty knife. Along his journey, he wrestles a bear, reinforces an evac center, and be the main to lead people into building a walled city that one day reclaims the earth! His name would be Joe, and he will be a hero, who found prosthetic (advanced ones too) only after he retired from adventuring out in the zombie lands.