Players Survey 2016 - Results

I didn’t mean to say anything negative towards Chezzo and his work. His productivity level is amazing. I enjoy sprite-work, but the endless addition of new items to the game overwhelms me. Seeing the Waldo-descended sets I love fall out of favor isn’t helping anything, but it was expected since none of them are actively maintained at the moment.

Overall, I think we need to consider the results to be skewed towards ease of use. Many are going to play without skill rust since that is the default. Half of the people playing with sound are using the default pack probably because you have to hunt down and install sound packs manually. MShock32Xotto doesn’t ship with the game. PK’s re-imagining mod has become a branch game or something. I’m not really sure what’s going on there, but using it has not been as simple as using other mods. I don’t use the loader yet and I’m sure it streamlines a lot of this, but that is yet another thing that doesn’t come standard.

Oh don’t worry, I don’t think you meant it that way!
And indeed, the amount of things added on a week basis is impossible to catch up with. I gave up long ago, now just barely adding stuff when I’m playing myself, and that’s not even counting mods! It’s really hard to have a working tileset these days- and every day is even harder. That’s why you won’t see much new tilesets, most are old tilesets modded and modified. The amount of work to-do is staggering, and all the software that used to help has fell out of use and got abandoned. I really wish there was an easier way, cause you have to remember, tiling are hundreds if not thousands of drawings. And if you don’t do every one, it will look bad.

I do think, however, that if Xotto’s modded tileset would ship with the game, it would have a good bunch of followers. A lot of people used Mshocks tileset in the old days- of course it’s got it’s appeal. I must say the truth, I didn’t like it that much (that’s why I started my own) but if half the userbase used it has to mean something! All work in there surely would be liked by lots of people. It just needs to be added to the game.

Are you sure it’s not, however? I got to check. I really used to think it did ship with the game. That must be the reason it’s not that used indeed.

One day I’ll add my own tileset to the game, but for now my fear of GitHub is better than me.

Hmm. I kinda figured my old tileset was no longer heavily used. Now that undefined terrain doesn’t devour reality with transparency errors, I guess it served its purpose.

And I’m…well, conflicted regarding the amount of votes Arcana got. Mainly because while it’s enough that I’d be happy with it, it’s also well and truly low enough that they would’ve been justified in obsoleting the mod if bickering between Mugling and I hadn’t forced the issue.

Didn’t realize how many other people also play with zombie revivification
I have had that enabled basically ever since it was available.

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:23, topic:13090”]Hmm. I kinda figured my old tileset was no longer heavily used. Now that undefined terrain doesn’t devour reality with transparency errors, I guess it served its purpose.

And I’m…well, conflicted regarding the amount of votes Arcana got. Mainly because while it’s enough that I’d be happy with it, it’s also well and truly low enough that they would’ve been justified in obsoleting the mod if bickering between Mugling and I hadn’t forced the issue.[/quote]

I don’t know, you’re ahead of LOT of other mods, not even including all the “No [whatever]” mods.

Personally, I’m pretty happy to have the 5th most used mod, but it’s really pretty obvious stuff that should just be core, anyway, so it’s not like I deserve any bigtime credit for it.

“Skill Rust” was a mistake.

Seriously.

nope

i am an avid user of it.

keeps me honest

"Skill Rust" was a mistake.

Seriously.

I would like a “light” version of it. I mean if you dont use your skills they can fade away…but not like someone who has alzheimer

Wow, I never realized that VAP was so popular.

I really should have focused on working on it much earlier, but KC Autumn event…

Hopefully my WIP Teenagers Generic Guns Redux w/ attitude mod will be as well-received.

To be honest, I just try to use whatever tileset seems to have been updated most recently. I always get confused as to whether thats MSHOCK or chesthole. I kinda wish they had more descriptions when you go through them in the options menu.

109 people enjoy my Charlie-Foxtrot of a mod huh…I flattered and surprised! Btw, I edit jsons file in the core game for myself and count that as “unofficial patches”.

Add Xotto as the default tiles pack for a few months please.

Why? After all, Chezzo’s tileset is the fullest one do far.
I guess something that could be done is making somw kind of tile selector with a preview the first ever time someone opens the game, but itd be too much work gmfor little payoff.