Planning a survivalist type character, any suggestions?

[quote=“Inadequate, post:20, topic:4487”]Acid rain will only damage items that are left on the road, if an acid rain puddle forms right on top of it. It makes sense, it probably flows away into the dirt and doesn’t pool up like it does on the road.

You can harvest scrap metal from helicopter crashes with a shovel, if that’s kosher for your survivalist playstyle.

Dynamic/static spawn only appears to apply to zombies that spawn in cities. Everything else is either dynamic (like wildlife) or static (like mansion zombies) in either mode.[/quote]i forgot about the crash site!

hm, it appears to be time to upgrade my living accommodations!

Did you go full wildman? Not looting any buildings or smashing windows for string and the like? Maybe even took shower victim? xD

Asf or tips, taking a point in dodge and taking fast learner is a good idea. Also, the knife spear is a godly weapon even in the hands of the unskilled.

you really dont need 25 skill point start if your not going into town. however, if you want to really buff yourself you might as well take the negative traits that impact NPCs since NPCs are disabled.

With all the fancier recipes being shunted off to books recently, going full wildman isn’t very fun, with all the nicer stuff locked away from you.

It’s true that playing with some of the fancier toys is fun, but a real challenge is really !FUN! I think the point of doing a survivalist run is to challenge yourself, a test of skill. I’ve been playing one with only the base points at character gen.

It would be nice if there were some other way to learn the recipes for those items, though. Like maybe if one spawned off a corpse or something, with a high enough fabrication/related skill, you could reverse engineer them, or something.

ok, so after several months of barely scraping by in the wilderness, i FINALLY found an LMOE shelter, so now i can use guns, and once i build a palisade around the entrance i can start using vehicles and cracking open those yummy labs and bunkers :smiley:

the reason for not going full bush is this: i’m playing the typical post apocalypse survivor as portrayed in the movies, barely surviving for a period of time, then being found and taken in by a group of well prepared survivalists hence the LMOE shelter. sadly, there are no organized gangs of NPCs or wandering herds of zombies to eventually run me out so now i’m just enjoying the rest of the game.

basically what this character was about was delayed gratification; instead of grabbing a bunch of guns and hopping into a flatbed i had to earn that right by scraping a living out of the wilderness.

initial points: 25 skill rust: off all stats: 14

basically what this character was about was delayed gratification

[quote=“Bonevomit, post:28, topic:4487”]

initial points: 25
skill rust: off
all stats: 14

basically what this character was about was delayed gratification

[/quote]lol i see your point! but that’s how i roll :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you really play with NPCs on? They’re really buggy… :frowning:

[quote=“Zireael, post:30, topic:4487”]Do you really play with NPCs on? They’re really buggy… :([/quote]yeah some experimentals they’re fairly stable, as in you can have them follow you around, and kill them once you’re tired of them stealing your shit, and other times they’re so buggy that even if you just kill them without even speaking to them your game crashes. it’s pretty much hit & miss.

but this character is gone, i lost access to my laptop and wasn’t able to bring the character over to my old piece of shit desktop, so i guess i’m going to have to start over. maybe next time i’ll go all out bush until i’m lvl 20 survival.

It’s not too bad. If they get out of line you go into the debug menu and blow their heads off.

Though you have to remember there is a debug menu!

It’s not too bad. If they get out of line you go into the debug menu and blow their heads off.

Though you have to remember there is a debug menu![/quote]i’m thinking more like, you have to remember not to kill your game by exploiting the debug menu.