New Vehicle Fun

So, this seems like a good place to ask a fairly niche question… how the hell do roofs work? I’ve got them installed on my car, but I still get wet on certain tiles, despite the fact they have a roof installed on them. This is particularly irksome for the driver’s seat, and the problem seems to come preinstalled with the Solar Car loadout. Umm… halp, the acid rain burns.

You need either another roof, closed door, windshield or board orthogonally from th roofed tile in order for it to be considered inside.

I noticed this too.
So, yeah, Candlebury has it.
You in every square adjacent, there must also be a roof, or wall of some sort, including doors and windows. However, opening such doors lets the rain in. So close all doors next to the drivers seat before settling in.

Or, burn down a house, stand in the middle of the rubble and start crafting fish hooks. It only takes a turn, a nail, and it boosts your fabrication skill. It’s a zillion times faster than reading any book.

Hm, I left a trail of burnt houses to cook meat and boil water in the rain. Before my vehicle was kitted out with the Rv Kitchen Unit and other utensils.
Any, I already read all them books, but thanks, I’ll bare that in mind for future characters.

Or just put a note on the map where you parked. That works just as well, and doesn’t require carrying any extra gear around.

Or just put a note on the map where you parked. That works just as well, and doesn’t require carrying any extra gear around.[/quote]

Until you visit the 10 marks on your map that say ‘car here’ and dont find your damn car at any of them. Ive lost soo many fucking shopping carts this way.

Delete old marks after you grab it?

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:15, topic:5443”]Solar cells are for making solar panels.

It sounds to me like you’re having a hard time controlling your vehicle. Some driving tips would be:

1. Drive very slowly until your driving skill reaches at least 4, at which point you should very rarely “fumble with the controls”.
  2. Drive very slowly in the city no matter what your driving skill is. Keep it at or below 30 mph.
  3. Check your parts regularly for damage, don’t just wait until you vehicle stops working to do vehicles maintenance.
  4. If you can find/make a vehicle tracking device and find a PDA you can install it on your vehicle, activate it in the vehicle controls menu, and as long as the PDA is in your inventory your vehicle will show up on the world map. This allows you to park a safe distance away from where you’re looting/reading/sleeping etc. so it doesn’t get smashed up by zombears.[/quote]
  1. At 4 and above, you’ll never fumble. 3 is fairly rare.

2,3) Yeah.

1. Might wanna have a solar panel on the vehicle first as the tracker does drain vehicle battery. Shouldn’t be a major problem, but knowing DDA, best to prepare.

I had a nice vehicle armoured up for a while now, was a flatbed truck. Anyway, using the Welding rig and about 80% battery of two Storage Batteries, I have basically stripped my vehicle clean and made a huge vehicle from scratch. Would screenshot but it’s on Linux, and for some reason the print screen button takes a snapshot of a black screen of a game run via command prompts.
But it has 12 solar panels, a welding rig, electric forge, recharging station, foodco kitchen buddy, rv kitchen unit, chemistry lab, and a watertank and faucet.
The best part is that bionic which fills up a container fully with just 8 power. My bionics are solar powered too.
And now I just fill up a steel jerry can fully with 8 power with clean water then tip it in my vehicles water supply when running low. And as a vegeterian I can eat shrubs for food…
My life is good.
The vehicle is about 7 metres wide (1 square a metre?) and 16ish long. Barely fit in the garage and had to blow up the garage walls with grenade to get it out.
Also it’s a hassle to drive when turning… Does where I position wheels affect it’s turning?