A couple questions and comments

I just discovered this game and it is fantastic, especially after work to unwind, however a few things have come up that I am a little fuzzy over even after perusing the wiki.
Firstly, how much power do solar panels generate? I have a heavily modified electric scooter, I turned it into a sort of quad bike of sorts, but instead of four equally dispersed wheels I have one in the front and three in the back, and replaced the small scooter engine with a large one I pulled out of a solar car, however even with fully repaired panels and only going ~20mph it eventually loses power. Fully loaded up with supplies it weighs approximately 750lbs.

Also, how effective is wooden armor? I was having trouble locating enough batteries and ended up using wooden armor.

Next, how to I retrieve my water from my storage tank? I devoted several days to collecting purifying and then storing water in my ride to find myself unable to access it?

Also spikes? I have three across the front but even at maximum speed, around 60mph, zombies bounce off of the hull/armor and not the spikes. Will acid rain damage my hardy work and force me to abandon my nomadic life stile?

Repairing damage, is it better to use a welder, or duct tape?

Finally, HOW DO I DISCOVER THE RECIPE FOR BATTERIES? I am eating through these so rapidly, I need more, which book lets me learn to craft these bastards?

Batteries can be learned with an electronics of 1 and a fabrication of the following, from the following books.
What’s a Transistor? (level 1)
Ham Radio Illustrated (level 1)
AAA Guide 2040 (level 2)

Wooden armour is… alright, I’d recommend getting a kevlar or MBR vest.

Solar panels aren’t that great, you’ll want the upgraded ones if you don’t have many installed. It will also only recharge while you’re nearby (Someone tell us the reality bubble size.)
Your installed battery may also be too small. Get a storage or truck battery for more power storage.

You’ll want a faucet or kitchen unit to access the water in your storage tank.

Acid rain will damage your vehicles, if it’s small enough you can probably drag it into a house through a 2 wide window or something. (Although it is risky to do.) You could also park it in a garage or fire station.

Not too sure about spiked plating.

Welding is cheaper, per unit. If you can build a recharging station and a rechargeable battery mod, you can leave your welder in the station and it’ll fill back up from the vehicles power source. If you’re running low on batteries remember to (U)nload every battery powered item you find.

[quote=“gopa4, post:1, topic:6545”]I just discovered this game and it is fantastic, especially after work to unwind, however a few things have come up that I am a little fuzzy over even after perusing the wiki.
Firstly, how much power do solar panels generate?[/quote]
Not much. For a fully solar-powered vehicle you have two options really:

1. Lots of advanced solar panels, regular (not Large) electric motor. See the ‘solar cars’ occasionally found on roads.
  2. A “solar farm” immobile-vehicle with tons and tons of solar panels on it set up near your shelter, charging storage batteries. Charged batteries are removed and installed into your vehicle, and the empty ones put into the farm to be charged.

Personally I just use gasoline. A ~2L engine barely sips gasoline and is pretty quiet with a muffler.

Also, how effective is wooden armor? I was having trouble locating enough batteries and ended up using wooden armor.
On your vehicle? It can help, but I suggest waiting until you find an APC lying around and stripping the military grade armour off of it.
Next, how to I retrieve my water from my storage tank? I devoted several days to collecting purifying and then storing water in my ride to find myself unable to access it?
Craft and install a Water Faucet.
Will acid rain damage my hardy work and force me to abandon my nomadic life stile?
Acid rain doesn't damage vehicles. But it does burn [i]you[/i], so make sure your seat is properly enclosed if you want to make long trips.
Repairing damage, is it better to use a welder, or duct tape?
Vehicle Welding Rig. It draws off of vehicle batteries, meaning it has effectively unlimited power. (You have probably noticed that vehicle batteries can hold tens of thousands of charges).
Finally, HOW DO I DISCOVER THE RECIPE FOR BATTERIES? I am eating through these so rapidly, I need more, which book lets me learn to craft these bastards?
Raid an electronics store (yellow ^ on the map) and read the books. Better yet, build a vehicle welding rig as described above. (I find it easier to find batteries than craft them. Just grab every electronic device you see and Unload it).

Well nobody else is gonna say it…

WELCOME TO CDDA!
WELCOME TO CDDA FOURMS!

Pro here (Jk guies. And welcome to the fourms, Gopa).

Wiki is old. Do not trust wiki except for the guides.

Solar panels do not generate that much electricity.

Never tried, but make sure to upgrade to steel armor or military composite armor. Or spiked.

Smash apart a sink or craft a water faucet and install it on the same tile the tank is on.

Spikes are good, but make sure you take them off if you want to do some precision driving.

Just make a shelter or find a tent. Or install roofs over your vehicle.

All’s good. But depends on what’s available.

Find library or electronics store
Find “What’s a transistor?”
Read
???
Profit.

Thank you everyone for the welcome and the wealth of knowledge! One more question, how viable is a Prius esk vehicle, having both electric and gasoline engines in the same car. Wow didn’t realize solar cars were that bad, a vehicle welding rig?

That sounds perfect! As well as stripping down an apc for armor, I did take special care to put roofs and doors to enclose it, however I couldn’t quite get a windshield on, will this pose a problem?

Not very good. Take my word for it.

But they are good if you set up kind of stationary vehicle for your welding rig.

Well you could of lived in the APC… but whateves. Windshields aren’t a problem, but should be able to attach pretty much anywhere. Where are you trying to put it? And what’s on the square you’re trying to install it on?

Well thank you everyone, however unfortunately while trying to open the vaults in the safe I planted some c4 set it to 20 turns started running out then blew myself to smithereens. …so much lost…just replaced my electric motor with a 1L twin cylinder found a minifridge and a recharging station was charging my batteries and saving my perishables…

play as computer hacker and get stethoscope and every bank is your

Terrible thing is, I managed to find my way back with a new character, recovered…most of my stuff, the vaults. PERFECT. Untouched. My character had 12 melee…11 dodge…high in most other stats…and my zweihander was destroyed. I was doing 90+ damage per swing. Three months of training gone, all my CBMs. At least I was able to reclaim my guns/car/survivor armor.

[quote=“gopa4, post:10, topic:6545”]Terrible thing is, I managed to find my way back with a new character, recovered…most of my stuff, the vaults. PERFECT. Untouched. My character had 12 melee…11 dodge…high in most other stats…and my zweihander was destroyed. I was doing 90+ damage per swing. Three months of training gone, all my CBMs. At least I was able to reclaim my guns/car/survivor armor.[/quote] i know that fell this happen to me yesterday but at least you have still your stuff my is in ruined burning sevage plant alslo try get high survival skills and butcher your corpse and you will have some CBMs back from your old body