Mutation category expansion

OH This is awesome, thanks!

Er… Maybe it’s just cause I haven’t noticed before, but why doesn’t the Fluffy Tail have an ugliness rating?

Cause kitties are pretty?

NO!

Joking aside, it’s probably an oversight, or is it…

Cause cat girls are sexy man.

Or something

Or something[/quote]

“Cat-girl” was the example proteus nanovirus in GURPS Bio-Tech, but so far as I know that lack predates my involvement. Can make it ugliness 2 easily enough.

/KA101 likes cats
/KA101 likes women

/KA101 isn’t sure that combining the two is necessarily a good idea :-/ varying social norms…not his long suit :frowning:

Incidentally, the PR merged about two hours ago. Drink up! :slight_smile: I’ll get to work on the next one ASAP.

Or something[/quote]

“Cat-girl” was the example proteus nanovirus in GURPS Bio-Tech, but so far as I know that lack predates my involvement. Can make it ugliness 2 easily enough.

/KA101 likes cats
/KA101 likes women

/KA101 isn’t sure that combining the two is necessarily a good idea :-/ varying social norms…not his long suit :frowning:

Incidentally, the PR merged about two hours ago. Drink up! :slight_smile: I’ll get to work on the next one ASAP.[/quote]

Catwomen are overrated anime cliches. :I So what is “the next one” anyway?

I’m thinking extrapolating out Marloss Carrier. Might rename it “Mycus” per GlyphGryph’s thread. Not sure whether they’ve got any thoughts on the topic.

Will make a nice prototype for threshold and capstones too, I think.

Can you adjust some of the water mutations? Right now I’m running around with a mutant fishman and I’ve noticed even with just about all the water-positive mutations, you still have a major morale hit from extended periods of swimming. Perhaps add in a threshold mutation that reverses it, so you take a morale penalty for not being wet?

I think–haven’t looked yet–the problem there is clothing. If your clothes are soaking and drenched, your water-loving body gets lagged up by the clothes.

Will look into it though. Thanks!

Thanks! How do scent trails work with deep water? I’d like it if being underwater made you super-stealthy, minimizing your scent, sound and visibility, so that even if you can’t quite build anything underwater as of yet, you could still sleep outdoors on a riverbed with relative safety.

I think–haven’t looked yet–the problem there is clothing. If your clothes are soaking and drenched, your water-loving body gets lagged up by the clothes.

Will look into it though. Thanks![/quote]

OK, initial checks:

Naked doesn’t get anything from swimming, even with Slimy, Sleek Scales, Gills, Tail Fin, and Nicitating Membrane.

Wore a Leather Corset and 10-Gal hat. ): -49 worth of Wet. Stripped back down, still -49.

Wore a bikini top. Still -49, but swimming around underwater didn’t change it.

Same with a wetsuit / swim trunks.

Standing out in the Drizzle with the trunks on…nothing. Strip the trunks (so naked) and morale goes up.

I think I’ll be spending some time on this one. May be a while. Sorry–but thanks for calling attention to it.

[hr]

As for scent–I’m thinking that would need a flag. Aquatic critters should smell just fine underwater, cf. sharks. :wink:

No problem. Thanks for your work. Can’t wait to run around with a proper Dagon cultist/Street Shark.

[quote=“KA101, post:68, topic:3755”]I’m thinking extrapolating out Marloss Carrier. Might rename it “Mycus” per GlyphGryph’s thread. Not sure whether they’ve got any thoughts on the topic.

Will make a nice prototype for threshold and capstones too, I think.[/quote]

Sounds cool!

Took some time with the code: it checks mutations first, and then clothing. So far as I can tell, wearing water-unfriendly clothing will screw you up no matter how fishy you are: it gets all clammy and confining and In The Way.

So I’ve got two PRs out: Make Sleek Scales give a morale bonus from getting Drenched, so Robust fishfolk can still get a bonus, and Makes Water-Friendly gear expressly say as much when you examine it, so you don’t have to guess what gear to wear swimming.

May not be the best possible solution, but I think it’s an improvement. Hoping it helps.

Thanks. There should be a wetsuit and scuba gear added or something, but that’s probably an issue for another thread. Appreciate your work.

There already is a wetsuit item. Two of them, in fact.

If you see yobbo around, thank xem. I mentioned my difficulty working out the details of the code in devchat…and xe found that the calls were misplaced, and slammed out a fix. Much appreciated on my end.

So now the Sleek Scales upgrade isn’t strictly necessary–I still think it should go in, but it’s not a critical fix–and you should get better mileage from your mutations.

I still recommend using proper water-friendly gear though. :wink:

Was tied up fixing bugs for a few days. Current project is the injectable mutagens. I’m rather liking this one and hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Work-in-progress PR.

[quote=“KA101, post:79, topic:3755”]Was tied up fixing bugs for a few days. Current project is the injectable mutagens. I’m rather liking this one and hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Work-in-progress PR.[/quote]

I’m loving it. Grabbing the experimental right now.