Mutants?

Ok this is kinda fallout, but we have mutations… how about mutant humans. Mutant human settlements you can raid. they can actually be friendly and NPC like and you can be an evil bastard villain and wipe them out and take their stuff. this could be a late game very difficult thing to do with a very high chance of getting killed. so its really hard. For people who want a change.

I would not be surprised if we’d see something similar once NPC’s get overhauled. Might work as a faction trait? “Known for their Libraries, Settlement raids, and sympathy toward mutants” haha.

That’d be pretty cool. Also, NPCs that react differently toward people with CBMs and mutations.
An amish community wouldnt like you as much if you had CBMs, and a religious community would react badly to mutations.

They kind of do this already, as mutations have values for ‘ugliness’ and maybe ‘prettiness’ too, I’ve forgotten. Actual flags for ‘is mutant’ or ‘is cyborg’ might allow for a bit more refined interaction down the road.

I suppose your right. We’re already halfway there, then!

WE are half way there?

you mean developers are half way there.

i am way too bad to code something and if i did it probably would be a penis or something else useless.

BTW i have an idea to make a mod that makes lawnmowers eat up fuel and cause huge noise.
i will get on to that when i cross the barrier of being lazy ass mofo who doesn’t understand a thing about modding.

Well, we as in the survivors. We’re halfway to coming in contact with NPCs who hate us for religious reasons.
The devs are halfway to making it happen.
or something like that. I like talking without thinking. Its more fun that way.

[quote=“woflsipder, post:6, topic:1979”]WE are half way there?

you mean developers are half way there.

i am way too bad to code something and if i did it probably would be a penis or something else useless.

BTW i have an idea to make a mod that makes lawnmowers eat up fuel and cause huge noise.
i will get on to that when i cross the barrier of being lazy ass mofo who doesn’t understand a thing about modding.[/quote]

Try and get your hands on a free copy of Absolute Java. It is a different language than this, but Java has much more specific keywords which should help you grasp coding quicker. If that doesn’t help, it is also a fairly good source of the universal basics of coding.

So far as I know, any mutation with an appearance modifier (most all of them are negative, but there are a few 0-effect ones) will mark your character as a Mutant, which draws reaction penalties from non-mutants/mutat-haters. Mutants themselves need not like you any more because of your mutations, though.

The improved-appearance mutations post-date NPCs being de facto removed, so I’m not sure how they’d affect this.

Good to know, KA101.

I wouldn’t expect mutants to auto-like other mutants, but for some people, finding someone else in the same boat as you can be a relief, so it would be nice to see that reflected as a small chance thing.

[quote=“Pthalocy, post:10, topic:1979”]Good to know, KA101.

I wouldn’t expect mutants to auto-like other mutants, but for some people, finding someone else in the same boat as you can be a relief, so it would be nice to see that reflected as a small chance thing.[/quote]

Well, GURPS 3d ed had the Social Stigma/Minority Group disadvantage: stiff reaction penalty from outsiders (granted, they’re the Majority) but equally stiff reaction bonus from other members of your group. So I’d be inclined to agree.