Mutagen and the schools

As of my last char, I managed to find mutagen and purifier in the school science lockers.
my understanding of the lore is there substances are the super rare secret government DNA twisting and repairing substances that were just discovered recently and are being kept from the public eye.
So why are they in schools? (unless all the children were part of a super secret government experiment, which is a possibility because we have college level books that tell you how to build robots in the library )
Any clarification would be nice.

Yeah, this is one thing that bugs the hell out of me: Lab chem and School chem are the same spawn-group. I’ll probably take a look at it in the next week or so, if nobody else does.

I still like my explanation even if it isn’t cannon. XD That is some kid in the advanced class figured it out and used it to play a prank on some other student and then was required to fix it. XD

Mutie breaking bad?

KA. WE HAVE TO COOK. THE AMMONIA IS GOING BAD.
[size=1pt](Yes sorry I had to drag you into this but you’re the first one who came to mind XD)[/size]

[size=1pt](Yes sorry I had to drag you into this but you’re the first one who came to mind XD)[/size][/quote]

Uh, surely the Tainted Meat? That’s usually what goes bad first IME. But yeah.

So perhaps leave a small(er) chance for the stuff in schools?

[size=1pt](Yes sorry I had to drag you into this but you’re the first one who came to mind XD)[/size][/quote]

Uh, surely the Tainted Meat? That’s usually what goes bad first IME. But yeah.[/quote]
Tis the joke :stuck_out_tongue: You’d have to see the show XD That said if you leave the meat in a vehicle container it never disappears XD

Schools don’t have mutagens?

How you explain that “YOLO SWAG” population that emerges?

It’s definitely a straight-up bug, but it’s just too funny to fix.
Having said that, I’d merge a PR that fixed it.

There are some bugs that are so hilariously obviously bugs, but you just really really want to mark the issues as “wontfix”

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:9, topic:3853”]It’s definitely a straight-up bug, but it’s just too funny to fix.
Having said that, I’d merge a PR that fixed it.[/quote]
Or you could remove it from spawning in the normal schools and instead make a rare military school spawn with much more tempting goodies but much more dangerous enemies (robots, military zombies etc)

Flashbacks to the wide wheels.

Bumping to note that the various chem facilities in game now pull from their own spawn groups.

I left a small chance for mutagen/purifier in schools and basements, though. :wink: