Multiplayer cataclysm?

multiplayer cataclysm?

Very short answer: No and gtfo

What one really has to appreciate is the thoroughness with which the subject has been detailed in this suggestion.

Dude. The fuck?
This guy is new to the forum and hasn’t read the countless threads explaining that multiplayer is complicated as fuck.
No need to tell him to leave the fucking game.

Need a completed (or nearly completed) game before you start adding in multiplayer components.

That and it is turned based.

I honestly like this game as a single player game. With a more flushed out NPC system, factions, skill training, and missions, this game could realistically offer hundreds of hours of unique game play experience. The game is great now, but the potential is there for satisfying single player elements.

Well whales did try to make a multiplayer mode where peoples bodies would be found everywhere maybe something like that?

You can share worlds. Save something on one world, friend gets on, things are changed.

cataclysm dda it’s a perfect game, and will be BETTER if have a multiplayer, what’s better than scarving with your friend?

It would be terrible.

Sleeping, waiting, and anything that takes more than a turn is cut.

You would wait on others to move before moving your 1 turn.

I would go online and not use my turn, to troll you idiots for getting it added.

For the last time. DO you not understand this is a TURN based game.
Somepeople move faster than others. How would you calculate how someone who moves 80 squares a minute to 100?
How would the world save?
ECT
ECT

[quote=“gtaguy, post:11, topic:628”]It would be terrible.

Sleeping, waiting, and anything that takes more than a turn is cut.

You would wait on others to move before moving your 1 turn.

I would go online and not use my turn, to troll you idiots for getting it added.[/quote]
^ This

High fucking five troll brotha’

well, there was a multiplayer angband that i played years back. worked on a counter, so good for movement and combat… but probably wouldn’t translate too well when you decided to sit down for a few hours and read some skill books or like, i don’t know, sleep. so turn based can be ported to multiplayer… just within reason.

remove the turn.

Remove the turn, he says. HAH.

How then, my dear stranger, would we be able to go left or right?

But srsly, no. At least, not yet. Single player is troublesome enough as is.

How very Zen.

Still, there are ways of making multiplayer work, essentially by marshalling turns server-side and treating no-input as a wait command.

I’m not sure that it would end up being all that pleasant of an experience, all things told, but it’s an option.

It would be…hell.

Look, removing the turn based system would make things… complicated. Everything relies upon turns: it’s a measure of time. Trying to remove the measure of time would just result in a lot of frustration because a lot of the game relies upon the fact that multiple turns can be expended without having to wait that long. Would you want instanteous construction of walls, or would you want to wait for walls to be made for thirty minutes? Besides, many people don’t like multiplayer and just because multiplayer can be good doesn’t mean it’s always good for the game in question.