Moneymaking methods?

I’m looking to make some cold hard cash for me and my band of companions. But killing zombies for Cash Cards isn’t doing it, at least, not fast enough.

Are there other ways? Can I sell goods to the Refugee Center for straight money to put on Cash Cards? I know that the Refugee Center has jobs you can take, but are they a good way for making money?

My goal is to get to Post Cataclysmic Millionaire status. Even though that money may or may not be worthless (not sure, if Kevin or anyone economically inclined could give input on whether that Electronic Money is still worth the cards it is stored on, that’d be great).

The electronic money buys gas from gas stations and food drinks and bullets from vending machines so it’s not worthless.

I’ve never seen a Diesel Engine in any of those gas stations you need to pay for and all of the Vending Machines I’ve seen in Gun Stores have been empty. I think this is because of PK’s Rebalancing, though.

I didn’t meant worthless worthless, I meant worthless as in “No longer being backed by anything”. Because the entire electronic money system was run by a government that can barely be said to still exist and likely does not have the infrastructure to keep the Cash Card system going.

So I meant worthless in that regard.

Zombie Soldiers and Swimmer Zombies both drop very high amounts of cash. It used to be possible to find a zombie soldier with a maxed-out cash card, but I’m not sure if that’s still the case.

Refugee center jobs pay in $10-$30/hour range, and selling goods to the refugee center is pitifully inefficient. They pay about $3 for a pack of meat jerky, which was a fair price before the zombies, but it’s just not worth it when you can find a swimming pool, kill two dozen swimmers, and come out with $5000 from their cards.

All money in C:DDA is money, so you can buy valuable goods like rifle scopes off NPCs with a handful of cash cards. I think that’s silly, but that’s what it is.

Correction you have to deposit the money from cash cards first before you buy stuff with them.

craft hats
craft melee weapons
take a few guns over to any store

Doesn’t the Refugee Center also buy Fruit Wine? How much do they pay for that?

“No longer being backed by anything”. Because the entire electronic money system was run by a government that can barely be said to still exist and likely does not have the infrastructure to keep the Cash Card system going.

If you mean by comparison to the gold standard, there are barely any countries left in the real world that do that today. Gold standard - Wikipedia

In C:DDA, digital currency is clearly on the way out, as every day there are fewer devices which can even tell you how much you have, much less interact with it. Well, I guess the cards have some kind of readout, so you can tell how much you have.