Moist Nuggets

I’m trying to add GLORIOUS MOSIN-NAGANT RIFLE to the game, and the rifle itself is in. Added it with no problems. What I’m having trouble with is adding 7.62x54mmR ammunition to the game. I get a file factory error each time.

Exact error I get:

C:\Users\Kyratzes\Downloads\Cataclysm-DDA-0.5\Cataclysm-DDA-0.5\item_factory.cpp[784]: Read invalid ammo 7.62x54mmR.

Exact code I’m using:

{ "type" : "AMMO", "id" : "762_mmr", "rarity" : 9, "price" : 700, "name" : "7.62x54mmR", "symbol" : "=", "color" : "dark_gray", "description" : "The 7.62x54mmR is a rimmed rifle cartridge developed by the Russian Empire and was introduced as a service cartridge in 1891. Originally designed for the bolt-action Mosin-Nagant rifle.", "material" : "STEEL", "volume" : 4, "weight" : 12, "bashing" : 1, "cutting" : 0, "to_hit" : 0, "ammo_type" : "7.62x54mmR", "damage" : 36, "pierce" : 10, "range" : 36, "accuracy" : 13, "recoil" : 32, "count" : 50, "effects" : ["COOKOFF"] },

What’s with the topic title?

On /k/ Mosin-Nagants are referred to as Moist Nuggets.

You have to define new ammo types in item factory. Only ammos of an existing type can be easily added to the json.

Where would I find the item factory though? I have no folder called Kyratzes in C:\Users\

No, you don’t. I’m guessing this is the first time you’ve had a debug message popup.

First off, use code blocks and then open itemfactory.cpp with that. After that, search for something like “9mm” using ctrl+f, right click on everything that seems relevant, and go to “show occurrences of”. In your search window, it will show a list of all of the places these occur. In these places, you will need to either create or place a similar bit of code to what is there, except if it is a mapgen or a monster file (starts with m), as those are only necessary additions if you want to make them spawn naturally.