[Mod] All Mutations Unlocked @ Character Creation

nice mod but im not amused with the shit ton of viruses attached to it that i got immediately after installing it :expressionless:

You know I really doubt you can insert viruses into a json file that small, it was probably some other thing.

I have been gone a few months and while this thread of mine has long since ceased to garner any replies, I felt I had to comment on this. There is no virus within the json file. I am not even sure it is possible to do such a thing, especially using Linux. If there is a way than I am nowhere near capable of such a feat nor would I care to waste my time on such a thing.

I liked the idea of this mod so Iā€™m updating it. I also made a modinfo.json so you can turn it on and off with the mod loader.

Hereā€™s whatā€™s different from the original though:

[ul][li]0 point mutations that lead to benefits (like reptile eyes) are now 1 point mutations.

0 mutations modified to +1:
feline eyes, rough skin, reptile eyes, subterranian build
0 mutations modified to -1:
spots, pale skin

[/li]
[li]stat adding mutations are not avaliable from start[/li]
[li]ā€œsecretā€ mutations like fey are not avaliable from start[/li]
[li]this is the 0.A file[/li][/ul]

I might go back and balance some stuff out if there is anything else glaringly exploitable, but it seems like really most of the work has already been done for me. Tip me off of any mutations seem like they can be seriously exploited so we can fix the mod. Donā€™t sweat the small stuff though.

Hereā€™s the stuff:
mutations.json
modinfo.json

I havenā€™t done a lot of testing but it seems to work.

Bonevomit, youā€™ve got starting_trait: true listed twice under several traits which gives an error and blank screen when trying to make a custom character.
By ID they are: INFRESIST, HUNGER2, and THIRST
Seems to work fine after fixing that.

[quote=ā€œWeyrling, post:25, topic:4095ā€]Bonevomit, youā€™ve got starting_trait: true listed twice under several traits which gives an error and blank screen when trying to make a custom character.
By ID they are: INFRESIST, HUNGER2, and THIRST
Seems to work fine after fixing that.[/quote]
I see, I thought all the starting traits were listed at the top of the file, so after a certain point I started filling up entries for all valid mutations starting with rough skin I think. But it looks like thereā€™s some that are outside the group.

Thanks Weyrling. Iā€™ll fix the download file right now. And Iā€™m done, this bug is toast.

Iā€™ve noticed that Strong Stomach isnā€™t included in the modded file, not sure if thatā€™s just me.

Thatā€™s strange, it seems to be there for me?

Thatā€™s strange, it seems to be there for me?[/quote]
Eh, no matter. Pasted it in myself.