Military vs. Hard plating

[quote=“deadmerits, post:20, topic:4775”]Military people tried to flee so the vehicles are found abandoned.[/quote]not all of them, considering all the corpses you find at military outposts.

For the record, I’m pretty sure superalloy is better than the titanium/aluminum alloys we’ve got now.

Because it can be used in bionics, mostly. This stuff can be surgically inserted under your skin and still flex with you while providing protection. Try doing THAT with modern alloys. The vehicle variants of it should be given a buff because the other places where superalloy exists it performs much better relative to steel. For example, in an MBR it provides the exact same protection as steel but with only 75% of the weight and encumbrance; in power armor it weighs less than half as much as steel and drops the volume by about 40% while only sacrificing a tiny bit of its protective qualities.

In this case only does superalloy perform so poorly compared to steel, losing more protection than it usually does yet weighing more (relative to steel) than it usually does.

It could probably use a description rewrite though, to better reflects it’s properties relative to steel. “Superalloy plating is a modern blend of… yadda yadda yadda… designed to provide protection and strength comparable to steel but at greatly reduced weight and size.”

[quote=“Waladil, post:22, topic:4775”]For the record, I’m pretty sure superalloy is better than the titanium/aluminum alloys we’ve got now.

Because it can be used in bionics, mostly. This stuff can be surgically inserted under your skin and still flex with you while providing protection. Try doing THAT with modern alloys. The vehicle variants of it should be given a buff because the other places where superalloy exists it performs much better relative to steel. For example, in an MBR it provides the exact same protection as steel but with only 75% of the weight and encumbrance; in power armor it weighs less than half as much as steel and drops the volume by about 40% while only sacrificing a tiny bit of its protective qualities.

In this case only does superalloy perform so poorly compared to steel, losing more protection than it usually does yet weighing more (relative to steel) than it usually does.

It could probably use a description rewrite though, to better reflects it’s properties relative to steel. “Superalloy plating is a modern blend of… yadda yadda yadda… designed to provide protection and strength comparable to steel but at greatly reduced weight and size.”[/quote]

About PA and MBRs… It’s worth pointing out I had to nerf the living fuck out of them when I updated their materials because before hand you could, if wearing a helmet, survive a mini-nuke, in hand (barely) while wearing heavy PA.

[quote=“deadmerits, post:20, topic:4775”]Military people tried to flee so the vehicles are found abandoned.

Also no tanks till z-levels. I refuse to shoot myself in the head with anything larger then a 9mm.[/quote]

Couldn’t we just recode vehicle turrets to count things other than full “boards” as blocking line of sight?

Not possible? It would solve a lot of problems if a turret wouldn’t try to shoot through your car. Although obviously normal turrets need to be allowed to do it otherwise a car would be god mode against them.