Melee training with high encumbrance

I was out in a field with 2 vests, 2 backpacks, and a jacket knifing a dog for hours without hitting it. I just wanted to stab the little bastard because he wouldn’t stop following me. So I swung my combat knife at him viciously until it became dark. I then checked my skill levels to see that they had raised significantly. I have level 5 melee in a little over a day with 10 kills. Half of which are dogs that decided to jump me when I opened a barn pulley. Anyway I know my encumbrance is what wouldn’t allow me to hit it. My point is the fact that I didn’t hit it allowed me to lvl rapidly on a neutral creature without damaging it, essentially making it so I can speed train faster than reading in multiple skills even. So what is everyones opinion on this?
[size=1pt]note: I dont have quick learner or slow learner trait[/size]
[size=1pt]note: When i kill the dogs i butcher them and (t)hrow all their pieces in different direction.[/size]
[size=1pt]note: Then i drink so much that i vomit all over their butcher site.[/size]
[size=1pt]Note: Staggering off to pillage the zombies and rape the town[/size]
[size=1pt]not a note: Why are you still reading these?[/size]
[size=1pt]There are better things in life that zooming in on tiny text.[/size]
[size=1pt]Like women[/size]
[size=1pt]Or men?[/size]

A few things:

[ol][li]Learning from your mistakes is one of the best ways to learn.[/li]
[li]I typically go for squirrels for the same purpose.[/li]
[li]Quit puking on dead dogs. Preserve their meat as tasty jerky or sausage.[/li]
[li]Copy and paste voids the necessity of zooming in.[/li][/ol]

[quote=“Khrysanth, post:2, topic:6170”]A few things:

[ol][li]Learning from your mistakes is one of the best ways to learn.[/li]
[li]I typically go for squirrels for the same purpose.[/li]
[li]Quit puking on dead dogs. Preserve their meat as tasty jerky or sausage.[/li]
[li]Copy and paste voids the necessity of zooming in.[/li][/ol][/quote]Hit the quote button is even easier.

Also a tip for people that are missing too much, throw rocks at them, litteraly. Rocks are common and unfalible weapons, altough you might just get 9-7 dmg you will allways hit them when close.

You could do the same with your dodge skill and a black rat, sadly they are not as common than before…

Of course, if you want to increase your melee skills and one of the melee weapon specialties, this does not help you :slight_smile: